Chapter 6

JARED'S POV

I gazed at Anna, raising my brows at her.

I definitely did not want to participate in the game, but, there was no harm in being sociable and watching.

Anna looked reluctant, and followed the drunk blonde out of the dining room, me wheeling myself closely behind her. She had practically already finished her large glass of champagne, her eyes a little hazy and heart beating a little faster, her breathing rate increased because of the alcohol.

I wanted to keep an eye on her to ensure she paced herself. I didn't want her getting too drunk too quickly and making herself unwell.

"Are we playing?" Anna asked me, and I shrugged, leaving the ball in her court. I didn't want to tell her not to as it was completely her decision and she didn't know what she was to me yet. To her, spin the bottle was probably just a way to break the ice and make the party less awkward.

Acting like a jealous prick right now was going to get me nowhere.

The thought of her kissing someone else made my heart ache though, and I just hoped that she would want to sit out like I would be.

"Come on!" called the blonde, ushering us into the kitchen along with everyone else, and I narrowed my eyes at the empty beer bottle that had been placed in the middle of the kitchen island, everyone gathered around it.

I sent Gia a look, and she looked at me apologetically.

Playing the game clearly hadn't been her idea, and I was just hoping that we wouldn't be forced into playing.

I was pretty good at standing my ground now though.

Instead of making a scene, I decided that I would just decline if the bottle did land on me. Nobody could force me to play. It was a childish game, a lot of the people here being a little younger than me, drinking most likely a little newer to them.

"Are we ready?" A brunette guy spoke, and I cocked my head at him, rolling my eyes as he ogled the woman around the island. I had seen him around the pack before, but, I wasn't a huge socialite, hence why I didn't actually know a lot of the names of the people here.

Some were also friends from other packs, and I wondered how long they had travelled just to be here tonight. Would they be spending the night? I didn't fancy being surrounded by a ton of people, so I made the decision to head home tonight instead of staying over here.

The bottle was spun, landing on Gia, who widened her eyes, biting on her lip, and I could tell that she was secretly hoping for the next spin to land on Ethan, but, the chances of that were slim.

Gia took a hold of the bottle, giving it a good spin and laughing as it landed on Clara, both of them shrugging and pecking each other on the lips.

I could tell that Clara didn't fancy drinking tonight, her hand still clutching the same bottle of cider she had been drinking when she had arrived, more than half of it still remaining.

Since having children, she enjoyed spending her time at home, Gia still being a bit crazy and impulsive. It made me wonder how they actually got on so well. They were two very different people, but they seemed to bounce off one another.

Clara reached forwards, spinning the bottle, and I noticed how Gia began to pour my mate another glass of champagne after noticing how she had finished it.

Anna leaned over the island, thanking Gia and taking it from her, causing me to raise my brows at Gia with warning.

I didn't want Anna feeling like she had to drink, and I would've much rather preferred Gia only filled up her glass when she asked for it.