Chapter 15

ANNA'S POV

My bath had felt amazing, and I had spent so long in it that I had started to prune up, but I didn't care at the time. I had been finally relaxed, and knowing that Jared was downstairs had put my mind at ease. I still wasn't sure what it was about him that made my heart flutter, but I really liked him.

I wasn't afraid to admit it anymore.

I liked Jared.

And I thought he liked me too.

We had spent the evening watching a film, laughing and drinking more than enough cups of hot chocolate. I didn't want to go to sleep, but, I could hardly keep my eyes open, and I had to eventually give in.

Jared and I were currently standing outside his small house. He had disappeared early in the morning, and my guess was that he wanted to go and clean it before I entered. I didn't blame him though. I had felt the same when he had come into my apartment.

"This is nice," I told him, and Jared chuckled as he looked at his home, biting on his bottom lip.

The house looked cute. It was a whole lot smaller than the place Gia had rented, but, that wasn't really my style anyway. Jared's house looked perfect to me. He lived alone, and didn't need much room.

The brick was painted a cream colour, and the door, although looking a little beaten, was a vibrant red colour. A few tulips were planted in the front garden, but they were looking a little worse for wear, the petal dangling from the plant, threatening to drop.

"It's alright," laughed Jared as we entered, and I peered around subtly, not wanting to come across as rude. I wouldn't want Jared to think I was snooping. The house was quaint though, most of the inside being made of wood, giving it a homely and country feel. I liked it. It was less modern and suited Jared more.

"Where shall I put my bag?" I asked, and Jared led me over to a room down the thin hall, pushing the door open for me, revealing a small bedroom with pink bedding. The frame was made of oak and the walls were layered with pale wallpaper, everything subtle and calm.

"Thank you," I told him, smiling. The place was a bungalow, which made sense. Jared would need a lift to get up the stairs, and I imagined installing one of them was extremely expensive.

I was tired still, Jared having had to come into my room to nudge me awake earlier, and I could tell he felt guilty when I jumped awake with a yelp.

"Do you have work today?" I asked, and Jared nodded, cocking his brows at me as he glanced at his watch.

"Don't you have work today? It's already ten, Anna."

I laughed, shaking my head. "I'm not in until one today."

Jared nodded, and I couldn't help but allow my eyes to linger on his lips. I craved them on mine yet again, and although I felt like a desperate bitch, I didn't care.

Our kiss had evoked feelings within me that I had believed to be dormant, and I wanted nothing more than to embrace Jared yet again. I wanted to feel his body close to mine.

I moved forwards, planting my lips on Jared's and leaning down on his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck. He instantly responded, holding onto my waist and kissing me back, his lips moving against mine perfectly. His tongue entered my mouth gently, and I let out a little moan as I felt arousal grow from deep within me.

After a few more seconds, I pulled away, blushing deeply. I gazed at Jared and smiled, and he caressed the side of my cheek, chuckling.

"It's very unprofessional for me to be fraternising with one of my student's carers," I told him, gulping slightly.