Chapter 105 : The Hogwarts High Inquisitor

Start from the beginning

A small part of her, the one that remembered the little girl stuck in her cell, creating weapons and toys while sitting in the lap of a man who shared his name with the Norse god of mischief wanted to immediately get to work, dismembering the earring down to its base parts to find out the true potential of this gifted piece of jewelry.

Unfortunately for her, there were other matters at hand that required her attention, something Ace was not shy to remind her of by lightly slapping the back of her head to snap her out of her admiring.

,, Enough with the evil genius plotting, you and your brain can do that later." he told her, warily glancing at the construction that had protected her, before activating his eyes. ,, Drop the shield whenever you're ready, I'll try my best to get her to fall asleep...."

Remus, who was busy checking over Celestia for any kind of injury, yet still heard the remark asked ,, Is it safe..?..."

He would rather not do anything that might harm the poor woman, much less when she was in a position such as hers.....

,, There's a ninety-nine point nine percent chance nothing will happen." shrugged the former prisoner. ,, I've had practice with much more unstable creatures... A pregnant lady is in the least amount of danger for someone with my skills, trust me."

If he could make the hearts of twenty-five armed men give out at the same time while a gun was being held against his temple, slowing a woman's heart down to a degree where she would end up in a light slumber was nothing short of a child's play for him.

Remus still did not look entirely convinced, but one glance at Celestia told him to trust her judgment, so he kept quiet and watched.

The half-Veela then turned her focus onto the barrier, trying to figure out how to deactivate it..

When she had used the bow and arrows to free herself from the plants underwater last year she had taken the second earring and placed it against the black star symbol carved into the bow, which made it turn back into the missing piece of the pair.

, Maybe this one will work under the same principle.....' thought the witch, hands traveling to her ear to take off the star-shaped earring that rested beside the Hourglass one she had gotten from Regulus.

Once in her palm, she pressed it against the sun pattern in the middle of the shield, and a moment later it fell.

Ace did not waste time, eyes landing on the crying woman's hunched over form her irregular breathing immediately slowing down until she was made to slump backward landing on the soft pillows on her bed, slipping into unconsciousness seconds later.

They waited a few more moments just to be sure that she wouldn't wake up and attack them, before deeming it safe enough to let others back in to check on her health.

,, Be sure to be careful when getting rid of the ice." advised Celestia, taking some samples to take back to her office to inspect later. ,, We don't know what else HYDRA mutated her genes with...."

,, Yes ma'am / your grace." they replied, getting to work as the Ravenclaw and her companions left the room to continue further back into the hospital wing.

,, Are you sure the ice hasn't touched you?" asked Aelius in concern once they were far enough away, the Veela inspecting her face, throat, shoulders, and hands, carefully to make sure no frostbites or the likes of them were forming on her skin.

She softly shook her head, fondly rolling her eyes as she gave him a pat on the cheek. ,, I'm fine, no harm was done."

For someone who dealt with incredibly gruesome things each day, he sure was a worry-wart in matters concerning her.