Chapter 90 : The Beginning

Years ago, when Celestia was yet to be the only child residing at St. Peter's and had one of her frequently occurring nightmares she would get out of the bed she shared with Joan and quietly tip-toe to the other side of the cell where Solomon usually slept and go into bed with him.

He was the oldest of their group, a quiet yet kind boy that did everything in his limited power to protect the few friends he had, even if that meant being on the receiving end of the severe punishments their capturers had to offer.

,, .... Solomon...." she whispered, tiny hands shaking the boy's upper body to the best of their abilities, which wasn't all that much thanks to her toddler strength.

She was scared and confused, and the bandages around her chest and stomach were soaked in blood and itching extremely bad...

,, Mhm? ...Celestia...?....*Yawn*... What's wrong?" he asked, rubbing the sleep out of his silver eyes as he turned to her, only to immediately sit up straight once he saw that the usually white-colored uniform all prisoners were required to wear had red seeping through all across her upper body.

He quickly got out of bed, brushing the mess of white waves of hair from his face and clipping them back with one of Esmeralda's Diamond hair-pins that were lying around. ,, Come here..." he whispered, not wanting to wake anyone else in their cell up. ,, .. And up we go..." he lifted her into his arms, careful to not put too much strength into it since it could potentially worsen her open wounds.

Glancing around to make sure they hadn't woken anyone else up, he quietly sneaked them outside and carried her swiftly towards the old infirmary, where he set her down on an old chair while he went ahead and got the Bandages.

,, Did you have another nightmare?" he asked as he helped her out of the blood-soaked top and checked the wounds on her chest and back, to find the cause of the bleeding.

She nodded, glancing down at the floor in embarrassment...

Even though she knew Solomon didn't mind her waking him up, she couldn't forget the teasing of the others who said it was silly for her to still sneak into bed with the older boy....

He noticed the slight red hue across her face, and could already guess why she didn't want to talk more about it......

, ... I'm going to have to seriously lecture those boys tomorrow....' was all he could think, shaking his head in disappointment in them...

They knew Celestia was too young to be included in their teasing, yet did it anyway, knowing she would take whatever they said to heart.

That wouldn't do with him.

,, Hey, Star, do you want me to tell you a secret?" he asked, as he found the cause of their little problem, one of the stitches from the gash on her middle and back having burst. ,, It'll have to stay just between us, though."

Her bi-colored eyes glanced at his form uneasily, watching as he took out a needle and thread, ready to stitch her wounds back together.

She gave a shaky nod, and let him continue his work.

,, Remember how Esmeralda told you how about the day you were brought to St. Peter's?" he asked, carefully puncturing skin as he began sewing into the flesh.

She nodded once more. ,, ..... The people who I was left with sold me to the facility, and I was taken here a few days later......"

A hum left his lips, a small smile stretching across his face. ,, Yes, that's right......." he said. ,, But she didn't tell you everything about that day..."