Chapter 71 : The Four Champions

......................

...............

.........

......

....

...

..

.

......Silence.......

Nothing but utter silence consumed the formerly calm and bubbly atmosphere in the Great Hall...............

Hunter swore that this was the quietest Hogwarts had possibly ever been, not a single student moving as they tried to figure out if they just had heard correctly.............

, ... That..... no way.......' he told himself, shaking his head in disbelief. , .. There is no fucking way........'

This had to be some sort of twisted joke, it just had to be, there was no other possible way someone could explain it.....

Aiden, who sat next to him had frozen in his seat, the cup of water he had been holding seconds earlier now sprawled out all across the table as he stared at their fool of a Headmaster, as if waiting for the moment someone would yell SIKE! and reveal that it was all a dream......

Almost robotically they turned their heads to Celestia, who still held Luna to her, as both witches watched the reactions of those around them in silent horror, knowing what was about to come next, Aelius was seemingly lost as he stared at the front of the hall like most of the other students........

The half-Veela glanced in the direction of her cousin, who had turned as pale as Peeves under the stares his Housemates and fellow Mages were making him go through............

She really couldn't believe it, but nobody could deny it when the piece of crumbling parchment was still clutched in Dumbledore's hold.

Harry Potter had just been chosen as the fourth Champion..............

, ... Oh Fates have mercy.......' thought the female, watching the rest of the Hall slowly came out of their stupor and came to the same conclusion as her...

And unfortunately for Harry, there was no applause for him, like there was for the rest of the Champions... no.... it was actually the opposite. A buzzing, as though of angry bees, was starting to fill the Hall; some students were standing up to get a better look at the teen as he sat, frozen, in his seat, looking like he was about to faint.....

Up at the top table, Professor McGonagall had got to her feet and swept past Ludo Bagman and Professor Karkaroff to whisper urgently to Professor Dumbledore, who bent his ear toward her, frowning slightly......

Harry turned to Ronald and Hermione; beyond them, he saw the long Gryffindor table all watching him, openmouthed.

"I didn't put my name in," Harry said blankly. "You know I didn't." and truly, he did not, but he could see it in their eyes that they did not believe him....

At the top table, Professor Dumbledore had straightened up, nodding to Professor McGonagall.

"Harry Potter!" he called again. "Harry! Up here, if you please!"

He did not want to, he really didn't, but a hand on his shoulder made his attention shift for a brief moment, turning to see nonother than George, who gave him an encouraging nod to stand. ,, I'll go with you." he promised the boy, having seen the pleading looks his sister and future brother-in-law sent them.....

Even if they had sworn to keep a distance from the boy, they couldn't let him walk into this all alone......

It was far too dangerous, and from what Celestia could gather, this was not one of Dumbledore's little schemes, so it made matters a lot worse..