Chapter 39 : Memories

,, Do you know what a Patronus is, Celestia ?" Nefertari asked the little girl, the both of them kneeling in front of a flower bed.

The three-year-old girl let out a small hum, thinking...

,, A Patronus is a defensive spell which produces a silver, animal guardian, used to protect a witch or wizard against Dementors...... It can also act as a messenger between them." She carefully answered after a while.

Nefertari nodded, smiling happily. ,, Yes.... Good job."

,, And do you know how to cast a corporeal or non-corporeal Patronus ..?...." She asked.

At that Celestia frowned... ,, You must search for a recollection of a single talisman memory that showcases pure happiness or hope....."

,, Indeed... Correct once again." Nefertari praised, nodding as she cleaned her hands with a washcloth......... ,, Its the reason why most of us are unable to produce one anymore..... If we were able to cast one to begin with." She told the girl, facing her.

,, Unlike us, you are at a drastic disadvantage....... since being stuck here, does not bring anyone a happy memory for them to use for such a spell........ but there is another way, one that most people are not aware of." Celestia faced the young woman, now listening very closely........

,, How ?" She asked her, only to have her white hair ruffled by the woman, who displayed a sad smile as she looked at the girl.......

,, It's the very same reason you did not turn into an Obscurial............. " She admitted. ,, You, my dear Celestia, have a gift that makes Magic feel drawn to you....... It has become second nature, that will obey your every wish and command as long as you know how to access it.............. And once you have Mastered it, nobody will be able to stop you."

,, But......... What has that got to do with casting a Patronus..?..." Celestia asked, confused.

,, Well...-" Nefertari let out a bitter chuckle. ,, If you want to cast a Patronus, without having to recall a happy memory, you have to do the opposite. Take one of your worst memories, which shows your fears and makes you feel like you're being swallowed by darkness itself, and then grasp it with your Magic........ This method is mostly forgotten since it makes one face the cruelest part of themselves time and time again.......... but, it is also the most efficient way to cast a corporeal Patronus."

The Witch rested her hand on top of Celestia's head. ,, Should you someday be faced with a Dementor... may it be here or when you leave this prison.......... face your past head-on, and let Magic do the rest."

Celestia coughed into her hand, wincing in pain as she felt the Magic around them grasp onto her like thorns....

She forgot just how much Magic surrounded the area.

,, Celestia..!..." Regulus opened his eyes wide in horror as he spotted the small droplets of blood making their way down the corners of her lips...

,, I'm fine....." She assured him, taking Susan's offered Handkerchief so that she could get the blood off of her face.

,, How in Merlin's name are you able to cast the Patronus Charm..?......" Theo asked her, still in great shock.

Do not take him wrong, he knew Celestia was strong.. ( She was probably able to kill them all with a single well-aimed Spell ) but with her trauma, it should be impossible to produce a Patronus, much less a corporeal one........

The half-Veela glanced around, spotting several Professors nearby, most of their eyes set on her......

If it was from shock or fear she wasn't too sure.........