Chapter 72 : Fraternizing with the Enemy

,, Sister," said Eliza, announcing her presence as she walked up to her younger sister, the two of them in the library of the Black family home, the sound of the celebrations outside getting blocked by the heavy Oak doors, and the Silencing Charms. ,, Congratulations on your engagement." She wished, smiling the tiniest bit as the young woman turned around.

The two Grindelwald sisters were beautiful, there was no denying that for those who had seen them, but even with that knowledge, Eliza knew that if their admirers could see Violet now, they wouldn't even so much as spare a second glance to anyone else.

She was dressed in a floor-length cloud lace dress which was made out of the finest of satins, Diamonds patterning her midriff and neckline like a Star Constellation, while her hair had been let loose, her white hair falling over her shoulder in gentle waves, only held back from falling into her face by a single black ribbon.....

To put it into words, Violet looked like a Goddess from ancient greek times, and the girl seemed very much aware of the fact by how she had discreetly offered the older Grindelwald a wink a few hours earlier when she entered the ballroom with their father Theseus.

Upon seeing who exactly had entered the library, a smile of her own graced her features. ,, Thank you." she said, the engagement ring on her left hand glittering from the light of the candles.

It was a simple design, an emerald stone resting in the middle......

Regulus had picked it out himself from his family's Vault, just as their families' traditions had asked him to, and Violet couldn't wait for the day they would present each other with their own wedding bands.

Since the beginning of the believers of the Olde Ways, a husband and bride who followed this faith were made to create their wedding bands from their own Magic, the only exception being the stone if chosen to add one.

The female had already started on hers for Reg, though right now this wasn't what she wanted to talk about with her older sister.

,, I'm glad you made it." she told the older woman. ,, When I heard you and Barty were sent out on a mission again, I thought you definitely wouldn't be able to make it."

Their father had sent her out far more often these past couple of months, seeing as the war was beginning to reach a point where even the Muggles began to notice something was off, and they couldn't let things continue as they had.

She knew that, yet she wished that she didn't have to worry about her sister's life every time she left the Manor because she had been sent out doing who knows what.... Most likely killing someone, but Oh well...

Eliza saw this as well, which is why she stepped forward and gently clasped the younger witch's hands into her own. ,, I wouldn't have missed your Engagement for anything in the world, my sweet Petal." A small smirk made its way onto her face. ,, After all, who else would be here to poke fun at the bride and groom-to-be?"

The younger Veela quietly chuckled, shaking her head at the other white-haired beauty's words, having expected nothing less from her.

Since she and Regulus had gotten together, the older Slytherin had made sure to shower them with light-hearted teasing and jokes, having even managed to somehow get the rest of the House to join in on the fun, not that the young couple minded much.

It was good to see their usually stressed, and torn Housemates have fun for a few short moments at times of War, where every second they had to worry about their families and the Dark Lord requesting them to join his ranks..