10

I followed Jisu and Jae-Heon out of the room when loud thuds were banging on the door continuously. I took out my fan from my pocket, ready to attack what was coming threw the door. Ja-Heon gripped his sword tightly as the doors swung open and my brother stumbled through. I sighed as I let down my guard.

"Minji, where have you been?" He asked as he stood up, wiping his cut open lip. I rolled my eyes and continued walking, him following behind. "Answer me." He demanded.

"Leave me alone, I've gotta find Hyunsoo." I said.

"Who's Hyunsoo?"

"A friend I've made while you were out getting drunk." I snapped at him as I turned the corner to the arcade where Hyunsoo is being isolated.

"I was actually trying to survive thank you very much."

"I met him before all this happened idiot."

"So where have you been?"

I turned around to face him, making him step back a bit since I stopped so suddenly. "I was with Hyunsoo, Jisu and Jae-Heon. We were saving kids and fighting monsters until we heard Eun-Hyuk announce that we could come downstairs. Is that what you would like to hear?" I explained to him, irritated that he kept on hovering around me. He didn't reply. I huffed and continued walking towards Hyunsoo's room.

He was sitting down on some crates against a stone pole in the middle of the room and the old man was still passed out on the couch on the other side. "Hey." I greeted.

"Hi." He said with a small smile as I sat down next to him.

"How are you feeling after falling down nine floors?"

He gave out a soft chuckle. "I feel great." He answered, "honestly after I fainted a feel fine. Eun-Hyuk said Golden Hour saved me."

"It's so weird how Golden Hour used to mean afternoon or sunset." I chuckled softly and he returned it. 

"Who was that you were talking to?" He asked.

I sighed at the question and leaned my head against the wall. "My brother." I replied. "Just trying to tell me where to be at all times."

"I'm an only child now, I can't relate." He smiled.

"Lucky bitch." I muttered and he laughed.

"Don't say that, be grateful you still have someone, even if that someone hates you."

I turned my head to look at him and then gave a soft smile to him and leaned my head against his shoulder. I felt him tense up a little, but he eventually relaxed and let me rest there.

The old man suddenly sat up, panting for breath and searched himself in panic. He had blood soaked down his shirt and two tissues up each nostril. "Where am I?" He panted.

"You fainted and had a nosebleed." Hyunsoo replied.

He jumped slightly and turned to look at us. "I think it's pretty obvious." Hyunsoo said.

The man's hands started shaking as he took out the tissues. "No." He whispered. "No...why now?"

I placed my head back on Hyunsoo's shoulder but quickly lifted it up again when the man rushed over to Hyunsoo and stood right next him, really close. "I hear you're holding out." He said gently. I glanced at Hyunsoo who didn't dare to look at me.

"How are you doing it?"

Hyunsoo didn't say anything, he just stared at the man. "Tell me how!"

Hyunsoo licked his lips and looked down. "You're shameless." He said.

The man shook with rage. "I have to live." He snarled. "I want to live."

"Pull yourself together. You're not going to."

The man glared at him as he backed away a bit. "What?" He panted.

"I have nothing else to tell you." Hyunsoo said and then looked back down into his lap. I stared at him until the man went to lay back down on the couch he was sleeping on. "You're having visions?" I questioned him quietly and he nodded. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't want to scare you." He replied softly.

"What do you mean you don't want to scare me?"

"I don't want to scare you off."

"You're not going to scare me off. Hyunsoo, we're gonna get through this together, alright? You can try and scare me off but it won't work, I'm gonna be with you in this, you're not going to be by yourself."

I saw him swallow but he kept his head down. "Hyunsoo, we're in this together, I don't plan on leaving your side." 

He finally looked up at me with teary eyes and gave me a small smile. "Thank you, Minji." He said softly.