09

Three hours passed and I was checking on Hyunsoo repeatedly and he still hasn't woken up.

We all gathered in the kindergarten center and I sat on the ground with my knees tucked into my chest and my back leaning against the wall.

"I think we should kick him out." The old man said. I hated him with passion. He was so abusive to everyone around him. I think he should be kicked out.

"What?" Jae-Heon questioned.

"No that's not fair!" Jisu exclaimed.

"It's for everyone's safety."

Eun-Hyuk came back in with a box and placed it on the table. "What's this?" I asked him, nodded my head at it.

"Each of you take one piece of paper and if you think we should kick Hyunsoo out draw a circle and if you think we shouldn't draw an X." Eun-Hyuk explained. I glanced up at Jisu who glared at him and then at my. I shook my head to say this is all bullshit.

"Obviously he's gonna be kicked out." The old man said. He doesn't know how to shut his mouth. "Just raise your hand if you want him out. I do." He said and raised his hand. No one else did. I smirked to myself how no one else listened to him.

"I don't." Eun-Yoo said, her hand rasied as she walked into the room. The old man looked up at her. "You're too young to vote." He spat.

"Why? Are we electing the president?" She said sarcastically. "Age doesn't matter with this."

"How dare you talk back, when adults talk, you should shut your mouth and agree."

She stared at him and then held up her hand at him and pulled sign language saying 'Fuck bastards like you'. I smirked at her.

It took a second for him to figure out what she had said until he saw the middle finger and looked up at her. "Did you just swear at me?"

Eun-Yoo smiled and shook her head. "No, I said I think you're cool." She replied and walked away next to Jisu.

"To protect everyone's privacy, this will be a secrect election." Eun-Hyuk announced and started handing out small square papers to everyone.

"What?" The old man snapped. Eun-Hyuk turned to him.

"Because if we kick him out, it'll be like taking part of a murder." Eun-Hyuk replied.

The old man scoffed and stood up. "Privacy my ass." He hissed, "I want him out! We're making a decision to survive, don't be scared." He said turning to everyone. I wanted nothing more to stab him at least forty seven in the chest.

"Why aren't you raising your hand you stupid cow!" He snarled to his wife who just sat there silently, looking down at the ground. "I think Eun-Hyuk has a point." Another lady said and the old man turned to her surprised. "Isn't it better to not know who wanted him out?"

The man held his fist up, ready to punch at her and stepped forward for more power. "Enough!" Someone said. I turned my whole head around to see a woman in a dirty orange jumpsuit and leaning against the wall, looking exhausted. 

A few minutes later, we handed back our votes and Eun-Hyuk started to tally them up. So far, circle was winning and that's not good.

"There are eight in favor and seven disposed." Eun-Hyuk said as he chucked the paper on the table and wrote another tally under the X column. The old man snatched the papers from the table and flicked through them. "If the last two votes is opposed, he'll be kick out." Eun-Hyuk said.

"Seven people opposed?" The old man questioned. Can't he keep his mouth shut just for five seconds? "Are you crazy?"

The old man snatched the paper from his hand and glared at everyone else. "All the bitches and bastards are on his side should be thrown out as well!"

"Hey! Don't get too worked up yet!" Jisu called to him. They both turned to Eun-Hyuk who dug his hand into the box. "The last vote will decide if he stays or gets kicked out." He said calmly and pulled his hand out. I held my breath in anticipation as he unfolded it and turned it around. An X and a circle was drawn on it. "Invalid." He said.

I sighed and stared at him. The old man snatched the paper off Eun-Hyuk and studied it. "No way." He whispered under his breath and then turned around. "Go and get the bastard." He pointed to a guy.

"Me?"

"Yes you! We have to get rid of him as quick as we can!"

I went to get up, but Jisu held my shoulder to keep me down. As much as I wanted to protest and to tell him to shut his mouth, I listened to her.

The guy walked out to get Hyunsoo.

"Voting my ass." The old man snarled. "You all are crazy. Did you forget that someone died?"

"Are you against the result?" Eun-Hyuk asked and the old man turned to him.

"What? 'Taking part of a murder'? Murder is killing a human, not some monster!" The old man flipped the table and that's when I shot straight up and was about to walk over to him until blood started pouring out of his nose. I stopped and smirked to myself. No he can shut up.

"I-It's because I'm tired." He stuttered, covering his nose trying to stop the blood and walked towards the exit but he bumped into Hyunsoo. I sighed in relief knowing that he's awake and not dead.

"You better be ready." He said seriously to the old man, "if you don't want to be eaten by a monster."

"You son of a bitch." The old man said, muffled by his hand. Hyunsoo looked past him and down at the papers on the floor and picked on up. "Can I vote?" He asked, "if I put the one in, he'll be thrown out with me right?"

"Hyunsoo-." I started but his eyes turned fully black and looked up at Eun-Hyuk. "Am I right?" He repeated.

The old men's eyes rolled back and he fell to the ground with a loud thud. I tried to hide my chuckles.