22

"Why are you doing this to us? We aren't infected." Mr Han cried as he sat on the ground with his legs out and he groaned from the pain. He tried crawling out of the circle but everyone started to pull him back. "Stay, they're going to kill you too." They kept telling him.

Hyunsoo went to step forward but I held him tighter, telling him not to move.

"How could you kill her?" Mr Han whispered. "Why would you kill her!"

The man that had bent down beside her chuckled. "Some people's lives are useless these days."

Hr Han's head dropped to the floor.

"Ugh, you're emotional." Another guy said as he came walking up to me and smiled. "What's your name gorgeous?"

Hyunsoo pulled me back away from him and glared at the guy who stepped back and put his arms up.

"Mister, you crossed the line." The man said and tapped Seung-Wan's foot and he quickly moved it back into the circle.

"Are you ok?" Hyunsoo whispered to me and I nodded slowly and leaned my head against his chest. "They'll go soon."

Minutes went by so slowly and we all sat down, getting tired of standing up. The men stood around us with their stolen guns out ready to shoot if we made a run for. 

The main guy walked around and then stood on top of a crate and I didn't bother looking up at him. "My name is Shin Jung-Seop." He said like we even cared. "Why don't we all get along without fighting?"

"Says the one that attacked us." I muttered but he heard me because he stared at me and stepped down from the crate. I watched as the gun came closer to my head, but I didn't flinch. Jung-Seop scoffed. "I just want to make a good impression."

I didn't say anything else cause I knew I was gonna get that bullet to my head.

"And if you guys do what I say, I won't be killing you."

"So, what do you want from us?" Eun-Hyuk spoke up after a while.

Jung-Seop smirked and walked closer to us. "We should get to know each other, I'm sure you're curious about us too."

Eun-Hyuk stood up, "where were you before you came here?" He said and Jung-Seop didn't reply. "What was happening out there?"

"Everyone is dead." Jung-Seop said calmly. "Every, last, one of them."

"Did they really die, or did you kill them all?"

No one said anything for a while, but there was a lot of tension. I gaze my gaze on Jung-Seop, waiting for his answer.

"It was a small church, they've done it well, I had my hopes up, but all of them were already dead. But what was interesting about it, is that there was no sign of a monster attack. They had all killed each other."

I stared at him as he said these words. How long ago did this apocalypse start?

"So, you shouldn't be worrying about monsters, humans are the scariest out there." He smirked right into Eun-Hyuk's face until a boy with a red jacket approached him. He had piercings on his face and a bored look. "What?" He said.

Jeong-Seop stared at him and shrugged. "What?"

"Ui-Myeong said you were looking for me."

"Well I wasn't."

The guy in the red jacket scoffed. "You son of a bitch!" He turned around so fast to face the other guy that everyone leaned back away from him.

"Did you find anything?" Jeong-Seop asked.

"A girl." The guy replied back in a lazy tone, "she's hurt."

Jisu.

I felt my heart quicken it's pace in my chest, I thought it was going to explode.

"Stop frowning, these people are already scared." He smirked and patted him on the back and then wrapped an arm around the other guy and walked away.

Eun-Yoo glanced at me and I looked at her back. She tugged on Eun-Hyuk's sleeve and he knelt down to us. "Stop trying to stand up to them." She hissed.

"I did it because I want us to live." He said. "We have to wait."

"Until when?" Hyunsoo asked.

Eun-Hyuk took a deep breath in. "It looks like they killed the soldiers and took their weapons and ammo, they only have a few guns, and there are dozens of monsters out there."

Hyunsoo looked around quickly. "We have to do something."

"When the time is right, we'll act."