The Marchioness of Gallifrey

"𝙊𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚 𝙄 𝙜𝙤 𝙤𝙛𝙛 𝙤𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙛𝙤𝙤𝙡 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙄 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────  

The TARDIS wardrobe was ransacked the morning the Doctor suggested the group take a trip into the past so Gabby and Donna could meet royalty. The idea stemmed from a passing remark Renata made the previous night about having to explain to Gabby how royalty worked in the future. The Doctor thought it would be a nice idea if Gabby and Donna could see royalty up close. Plus, it was always fun having a leisure day in the past. And after their recent trips full of danger, Gods, alien bees...they needed a leisure trip.

So as soon as he made his idea known, Gabby and Donna zoomed for the wardrobe room. If they were going to travel back in time to meet royalty then they would need to find dresses and jewelry and do their hair. The Doctor prepared himself at the idea that they would be spending a long time getting ready.

Renata, for her part, hadn't taken long. She knew where to go, what to pick, how to do her hair. She was done in half an hour and that was only because Donna couldn't quite figure out how to tie her corset. Now, Renata helped the two human women.

"I can't believe we're actually going to meet a Queen and King!" Gabby gushed as Renata finished doing her hair. She was sitting in front of a vanity desk and was watching Renata through the mirror as she did wonders with her hair.

"Gabriella please stop moving so much," Renata had to physically hold Gabby's head for a few seconds to keep Gabby still. "And I don't know why you're so excited," Renata said once she could trust Gabby to keep herself from moving.

Suddenly, Donna scoffed from the side of the room. She was getting changed like Renata told her to. She was next in the hair department. "Why we're so excited!?" Donna called. "Because we're meeting flippin royalty!"

"Yeah, but they're people. They're literally just people," Renata shook her head. She focused on pinning the last butterfly hair pin on Gabby's hair. "There we are. What do you think?"

Gabby once again gushed at her reflection. "I love it! You really do know how to do hairstyles!"

Indignance flashed across Renata's face. "What - did you doubt me!?"

"No!" Gabby laughed and went back to looking at herself in the mirror. Renata had curled her hair - proving once and for all to Gabby and Donna that she did know how to use a curling iron - and made a few braids to be left down while others were pulled to the back. The braids on the back were connected by a lavender butterfly pins.

"Alright, my turn!" Donna came out wearing an ornate emerald green gown with white lace at the squared neckline and cuffs. "Up, up!"

Gabby got up from the chair and hitched the sides of her baby blue dress to move around. "What are you going to do to Donna's hair?" she curiously asked.

Renata's hands were already massaging Donna's hair. She looked at Donna through the mirror with a warm smile. "I'm thinking we leave this fiery hair down and curl it."

"You're the Noble one," Donna laughed at her own joke.

"Oh Donna, I'm really not," Renata's smile had become strained but with all the excitement going on no one noticed.