UNIT Calls

«« "𝙋𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙙, 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙙, 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙤 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧, 𝙨𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙙 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧, 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙖 𝙛𝙚𝙬 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮."»»

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

Donna laughed with delight as the TARDIS lurched to the left because she caused it to. "I can't believe I'm doing this!" her hands gripped some of the console controls.

Meanwhile, the Doctor stood very close behind, intently watching the human drive his ship. "No, neither can I," he mumbled. He didn't really remember how Donna got him to agree to try and drive the TARDIS, but right now he was really regretting it.

"I can't believe she's actually understanding," Renata voiced from the rails. She was gripping the rails but gracefully standing on her feet despite the messy driving.

"Oi," Donna briefly stopped her smiling to mock-glare at the blonde.

"I've just never seen a human do it," Renata shrugged. She didn't remember Martha being capable of driving the TARDIS...but then again she never really asked.

"Can you do it?" Donna suddenly questioned her. Since she arrived to the TARDIS, she'd only seen the Doctor at the console. Renata usually lingered around but she never actually touched the console.

"Well of course I can, but this isn't my TARDIS."

Donna gaped and quickly redirected her gaze to the Doctor, her eyes accusing him but The Time Lord raised his hands in defense. "I told her it was, she's just being Renata again!"

"What - hey!" the Time Lady shot the Doctor a frown.

Donna resolved that sounded like Renata and didn't press further. Whatever those two agreed on, she would let it be. She pulled on a lever the Doctor indicated earlier would be like a blinker sort of thing.

"Oh careful!" the Doctor exclaimed. He pulled out a mallet from underneath and proceeded to hit the console with it.

Renata's mouth opened in shock at the terrible driving skills of him...and yet, it was definitely something he would do.

"Left hand down! Left hand down!" the Doctor hurriedly motioned Donna to do as he said. The ginger lunged to the side to reach the control. "Getting a bit too close to the 1980s!"

"What am I gonna do?" Donna rolled her eyes. "Put a dent in 'em?" The Doctor was going to make a comeback when cellphone ringtone went off. Donna, bemused, looked around for the source of it. "Is that a phone?"

Even Renata was curious of it. She left the rails and walked to the two just as the Doctor took out a cellphone, though as soon as she saw the phone she recognized it as Martha's.

"You've got a mobile? Since when?" Donna blinked at the actual human cellphone.

"It's not ours," Renata mumbled, her eyes glued to the Doctor as he answered the phone. Only one person - alright, maybe two if she included Jack - had that number.

"Hello?"

"Doctor? It's Martha, and I'm bringing you back to Earth!"

~ 0 ~

The news that Martha Jones needed their help was exciting...and for Renata a bit worrisome. She'd neglected to give Martha a call since her departure from the TARDIS. Humans were all about close contact and whatnot and Renata hadn't really learned that yet. She didn't exactly have friends per say, so it was still new. Still, the Doctor was mighty excited to see an old friend and didn't lag on getting to Earth at the right time.