The Sounds of Betrayal

————-««"𝙄𝙩 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙘𝙘𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙩."»»————-

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

The Doctor, Martha, and Jack appeared in a modern-day alleyway. They all groaned as felt pain shoot throughout their bodies from the awful way of travelling without the TARDIS.

Martha held a hand to her head, "Oh, my head!"

"Time travel without a capsule. That's a killer," the Doctor stood on his feet and helped her up.

"Still, at least we made it," Jack took observation of their surroundings, "Earth, 21st century by the looks of it. Ha, ha, talk about lucky," he chuckled as they walked out to the streets.

"That wasn't luck, that was me," the Doctor mumbled. He'd repaired Jack's manipulator just in time to get them out of the era and back into the 21st century where he was sure the Master had come to...with Renata.

They took a seat on a bench as they got their bearings back from such a rowdy trip. Jack leaned back on his spot and sighed, "The moral is, if you're gonna get stuck at the end of the universe, get stuck with an ex-Time Agent and his vortex manipulator."

"But this Master bloke, he's got the TARDIS," Martha pointed out, "And Renata. He could be anywhere in time and space with them."

"No, he's here, trust me," the Doctor looked around and noticed dozens of Saxon campaign posters on nearly every wall. He was trying his best not to jump up and run to every last place until he found Renata. The Master had taken her with him, against her will, and she was probably scared and it was all his fault.

"Who is he, anyway?" Martha eyed the Doctor, "And that voice at the end, that wasn't the professor."

"If the Master's a Time Lord, he must have regenerated," Jack shrugged.

"Right," Martha remembered. The Doctor watched a homeless man tapping a four-tap beat on a mug, "Then how are we gonna find him?"

"Ill know him," the Doctor stood up, "The moment I see him. Time Lords always do."

Martha raised an eyebrow, nearly spilling that he had missed a Time Lady right under his nose, or right over his shoulder anyways. She instead looked away and saw the posters for the campaign, "But hold on...if he could be anyone..." she stood up, "We missed the election," she realized and so did with the others, "But it can't be!"

The trio headed for a shop with a television on the display screen, "Mr Saxon has returned from the Palace and is greeting the crowd inside Saxon Headquarters."

They watched Saxon (the Master) walking downstairs with an entourage and a blonde woman, Lucy, at his side. The Doctor scanned every last part of the screen for Renata, but found no other blonde.

"I said I knew that voice," Martha blinked, "When he spoke inside the TARDIS. I've heard that voice hundreds of times. I've seen him. We all have. That was the voice of Harold Saxon."

"He's Prime Minister," the Doctor said in horror, "The Master is Prime Minister of Great Britain," Saxon kissed the woman beside him, Lucy, "The Master and his wife."

He was horrified to realize that while he had been traveling with Martha, the Master had Renata with him there in the 21st century for so long...he only hoped that she was keeping herself good until he got there, because he would get there and he would take her back.

~ 0 ~

Tish Jones was following a reporter down the building of the Prime Minister and was failing rather badly as the woman barged into the room of the Prime Minister himself, "You can't just go barging in!"