Ours

————-«« "𝙇𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙯𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙟𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙤𝙣 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙤𝙛 𝙪𝙨."»»————-

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

The TARDIS shook all its inhabitants like ragdolls as it made its journey to an unknown place. No matter what the Doctor - nor Renata for that matter - attempted to do, the console would not react. They were not in control. Martha and Donna screeched and yelled as sparks almost got them. Nothing would stop!

"Doctor!" Renata cried after the man fell backwards, next to the bubbly glass jar of his like hand.

"I'm okay!" he glanced at the jar and remarked, " I don't know where we're going but my old hand's very excited about it!"

Renata groaned and with one hand clinging to the console, she reached for the Doctor. "No joking! No jokes while we're heading to God knows where!"

"Wait a second -" Donna found time to be horrified, "-you're telling me that hand is actually yours!?"

The Doctor could tell she wasn't interested in the back story - which he thought was a pretty cool story - and so he just confirmed it with a nod. However, the same didn't apply to Martha who easily blurted out the explanation.

"It got cut off. He grew a new one!"

If the TARDIS hadn't already been shaking, threatening to throw her overboard, Donna would've fallen back out of shock. "You are completely... impossible!"

The Doctor took some mild interest on the statement. "Not impossible, just... a bit unlikely!"

The TARDIS released one more dangerous explosion that threw Donna and Martha to the side, then another lurch which sent both Renata and the Doctor back, before finally stopping. In the dead of silence only their hurtful groans could be heard.

"Ow, ow, ow ow..." the Doctor was the first to hiss out loud. He had to pull Renata's finger, whose nail had somewhat buried into his hand, off his skin. "OW Ow," he said through gritted teeth.

Renata gasped with alarm. "Oh my goodness, I am so sorry!" her nail dropped blood onto the back of her other hand. "Are you okay!?"

The Doctor chuckled at her concern. The pain had passed. "Yes. Now shall we go outside and see what's out there?"

"I should just skip the part where I asked 'hey, shouldn't we check the monitor first'?"

"Yes, you should."

Renata shook her head.

The group exited the TARDIS to find a desolate place that seemed to be an underground tunnel. There was junk everywhere with scattered old equipment.

"Why would the TARDIS bring us here?" the Doctor asked while he gazed around.

"Oh, I love this bit," Martha crossed her arms after feeling a bit chilly.

"Thought you wanted to go home," Donna nudged her a bit, earning a smile from Martha.

"I know, but all the same..."

"Please don't...do that..." Renata crinkled her nose when the Doctor licked his hands for whatever search tactic he was doing. She shook her head and decided to look around herself. She came across a battered machine and saw that its controls were still blinking, meaning the machine still worked...and if it still worked, then people were most likely...

"Don't move!" they heard a male voice order. The man arrived with several soldiers, all primed with weapons. "Stay where you are! Drop your weapons!" the same man, Cline, motioned everyone to put their hands up.