Gabby Gonzalez

DISCLAIMER: This chapter's plotline is from Doctor Who's comic stories. Most of the dialogue is directly written from the comic. The plot is NOT mine.

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

————-«« "𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙨𝙪𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙞𝙩."»»————-

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

The Doctor was honestly baffled right now. He'd been working on a new device meant to eventually upgrade his sonic when he'd heard the terrible screams from Renata. His first thought was that she was hurt, or that Donna was hurt, so he ran. He ran out of his workshop and down the hallway as fast as his legs could carry him. Coming into the console, however, he just saw Renata and Donna with really pale faces and, frankly, breathing hard as if they'd just ran for their lives.

"What - what is going on?"

Renata had the pinkest face he'd ever seen. Her hair was disheveled - probably the most since he'd ever met her - and her clothes were skewed. It was the same situation with Donna.

"What happened to you both?" the Doctor hurried up to the two women to inspect them upclose.

"There's a monster in New York City, that's what!" Donna shouted abruptly, startling back the Time Lord...until he realized something else.

"When did we land in New York?"

"Not the point!" huffed Renata, making the Doctor turn around to her. "We were just attacked by some creepy monster who turned out to be a human!"

"What?" the Doctor's blank face was, admittedly, adorable but Renata was more upset than she thought to pay him full attention.

She groaned and threw her hands into the air. "Gah! Just listen!"

Renata had really just wanted to show Donna some sights in New York now that they were there. She lived for a couple years in New York so she knew some places that might still be around. She also knew how to take the subway and so she brought Donna along for the ride, thinking it would be a nice experience too.

Donna wasn't really a fan of the crummy subway, but she wouldn't burst Renata's bubble. The blonde had finally seemed to get the idea that they could in fact be friends. Plus, it was kind of adorable. Renata was not the Doctor at all, but in her domain Renata could be just as good as the Doctor. Before coming to the subway, Renata had shown Donna a couple shops she swore were so great. They were family owned - big shocker - and sold handmade things. Things with sentimental value. Renata was so animated about the entire community. It was endearing.

So, Donna let her lead them to Subway to see Central Park. But on their ride in the sub, a commotion started.

There was a big monster - no doubt alien, though - that burst through the compartment ahead of them. People screamed, terrified, as the creature growled and snarled at them. It nearly attacked one young woman had Renata not pulled her - harshly, she'd add later - away.

"What is that thing?" the girl shrieked. "And why does it look like me!?"

It was then that Renata and Donna realized the woman was right. The creature was bigger, almost wolflike, but essentially wore the same clothes down to the yellow scarf just like the girl. The face was the same, along with the dark brunette hair.

"Oh, oh God she's right," Donna couldn't stop blinking. "But how'd that happen!?"

"I have no bloody idea!" Renata exclaimed. "How would I know that!?"