Understand Me

«« "𝙎𝙪𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙯𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙧𝙚𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙪𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚, 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙚."»»

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

Smoke had invaded almost every inch of Donna's street but all the attention for the moment was on freeing her grandfather from the car he was locked in. The smoke had practically covered everything inside.

"He's gonna choke! Doctor!" Donna frantically tried anything at this point, but nothing opened the car doors.

Suddenly, Sylvia pushed Donna out of the way and shattered the windscreen with an axe. Everyone had frozen to stare at her. "Well, don't just stand there! Get him out!" the woman flapped a hand at her father inside the car.

"I can't believe you've got an axe!" Donna gaped.

"Burglars!"

"Are you alright?" Renata helped the Doctor get Wilf out of the car. The man looked pale but otherwise fine.

"Get inside the house. Just try and close off the doors and windows," the Doctor instructed Sylvia who quickly took her father's arm.

Ross stopped by them in a black cab. "Doctor! This is all I could find that hasn't got ATMOS."

The Doctor graciously took it. He glanced at Renata and saw the blonde was more than ready to go. "Donna, you coming?" he then called for the ginger.

"It's alright if you don't," Renata assured her. She learned fast that for humans family meant everything, to most anyways.

Donna agreed but her mother did not. "Donna! Don't go! Look what happens every time that Doctor appears! Stay with us, please!"

"You go my darling!" Wilf dissuaded any of Donna's doubts. "Don't listen to her! You go with the Doctor! That's my girl!"

"What did you do to those people?" Renata mumbled the question to the Doctor as she got into the cab with him. Sylvia looked like she harbored a deep disdain for the Doctor.

"Eh, long story," he sighed. "Talk it over dinner?"

Renata blinked at the question. It took her by surprise that he would actually want to talk about it with her, and over dinner...the routine he still had trouble adjusting to. "Sure," her lips stretched into a very happy smile.

The Doctor could tell she loved the idea. It wasn't easy to please her and it was a shame because he really liked her smile.

~0~

Donna crinkled her nose the moment they got out of the cab at the factory. "The air is disgusting!"

"You shouldn't expose yourself too much," Renata worried for the weaker lung system humans had.

"She's right. You should get inside the TARDIS! Oh, never given you a key!" the Doctor got a second TARDIS key from his pocket and held it out for Donna. "Keep that!"

"You give keys out?" Renata's flat tone told Donna that she didn't have a key.

"Why don't you have one?"

"Because she kept trying to run away," the Doctor answered with a gaze directly set on Renata. He was a bit guilty for forgetting to give her a key though. Time had just gone by from him.