Cuddles In the Morning

ART CREDS!!: https://x.com/enenannn?t=IOcwWupATGSAfgO0iHEIlw&s=09
Polyshow, but ruikasa focused!! I never cared about polyshow but I know some of you guys do so why not write it :))
If you don't like, you can skip

ALSO!! This is my first time writing a poly relationship. I myself have never engaged in a polyamorous relationship, so forgive me (and educate me) if I depict anything wrong :)
This episode will be fluff

Rui POV

I woke up underneath a hot mesh of blankets and clothing, a nice warmth to start my morning. My arms were wrapped around the familiar body of Tsukasa, while one hand made contact with Nene's. Emu cuddled up on the opposite side of me, which made me the center of the group.

When I opened my eyes, I couldn't quite see anything. One of the blankets was draped over my head, so I slowly crawled out of it.

"Huh? Oh, good morning, Rui." Tsukasa turned over to me and kissed me, making me feel safer.

His voice was low and somewhat monotone, but still gave me a loving impression. "Yeah, good morning, Tsukasa. You seem to be pretty tired." I smiled, hugging the blond tightly and kissing his neck.

"Well, I woke up only a few minutes ago. With your company, I'll be able to feel a lot more energized!" In just an instant, he cheered up, hitting me with his sweet charm.

Tsukasa's grin warmed my heart, making me feel a sudden rush of happiness. I closed my eyes again and pressed my face into his soft hair.

"Mm... I think I might fall asleep again, though..."

"Huh!? No way, that's not happening!" The blond boy sat up and carefully climbed out of bed, gently moving the girl's hands. He took me as he got up and picked me up, holding me close to him.

I smiled at him, loving his pretty eyes. Tsukasa's grip was strong and made me feel safe, so naturally I closed my eyes again and snuggled up to him.

"Where are we going?"

"I'M going to make breakfast. You can sit and look pretty for me so I have motivation."

My face flushed at his response. It seemed that he was serious, so I swooned even more. When we reached the kitchen, Tsukasa set me down on the counter next to the sink and got to work.

"Wait, so... You're not gonna give me love?? Tsukasa, I've been so sad without your love..." I cried, staring at Tsukasa while he got his supplies out.

He paused and looked at me, sighing. "How much love do you need this morning? You woke up with a bunch of cuddles!" He laughed and pulled me off of the counter to kiss my cheek.

"Maybe if you make me some pancakes, I'll be fine. Even if you do, that doesn't mean that I won't want cuddles after." I smiled and landed a small kiss on his forehead.

As Tsukasa turned around to continue cooking, I noticed that the girls had woken up and were back in the living room. Hmm... Tsukasa might need help if he's cooking for all of us. I'm really cold and tired, though...

"Hey, are you gonna need help? If you want, I'll-"

"No! I don't want to put more on your plate, Rui. I promise that I can do it."

Classic Tsukasa... refusing help from everyone. "If you mean it... Just come get me if you need something." I turned around and headed over to the girls, making myself comfortable beside them.

"Rui! Good morning~!" Emu hugged me tightly.

"Ah~ Fufu, good morning to you both. Did you get good sleep?" I caressed her cheek and looked over at Nene, grabbing the attention of both of them.

"We both slept pretty well. You and Tsukasa must've woke up pretty early, right?" Nene's eyes averted from her phone as she spoke to me.

I nodded and giggled slightly. "Tsukasa was awake before me, but we've been out here for a bit. Speaking of him, he seems so..." I looked over to the blond boy that cooked in the room close to us.

He looked content. There was so displeasure or excitement in his gaze, so I figured that he was doing average. However, I couldn't help but feel bad for him.

Tsukasa seemed to be putting extra pressure on himself. To all three of us, it was apparent. He'd been insistent on doing things by himself, he'd been working longer hours, and he was more stressed over small errors in his performance.

I wish there was something I could do to help him. Whenever I try, he just pushes me away. My heart ached for a moment. I thought that it was possible that he had stopped loving me.

Emu's head turned over to Tsukasa, looking concerned for him. "Yeah, I get what you mean! Do you think it might be something more personal..?"

I stayed silent. The thought of something going wrong in the life of one my partners genuinely upset me.

"Probably. Tsukasa's just a big shell. We seriously gotta convince him to talk to us more."

What can I do..? If he doesn't want to talk to us, then...

"Hey, I've just finished cooking-! Allow me to serve you~" Tsukasa chuckled and waltzed into the living room, plating us each a stack of pancakes. I was impressed, considering they were so well made and catered to each of our preferences.

As for me, I always liked mine with just syrup. As the boy finished serving us, he smiled proudly and turned around. It seemed like he was going to head upstairs back into our room.

"Thank you, Tsukasa! These look really good. And... what about yourself? Are you not going to eat?" I asked, genuinely getting worried.

"Ah, I'm not really hungry this morning. I'll have something later!" He beamed, giving me a smile.

I awkwardly glanced at the girls, glad that the consensus was that Tsukasa was acting more than weird. Emu stood up and hugged him.

"Come oonnn!!! You can't just leave us!" She cried, squeezing him tightly.

Tsukasa laughed, patting her head. "Okay, okay!! I'll stay here, but I'm not going to eat." He chuckled.

The two walked together and sat down beside me and Nene. As I raised a morsel of food up to my lips, I paused, staring at Tsukasa.

He's not hungry this morning, huh? That's very unlike him, but I don't want to push. I sighed and pulled him close to me, wrapping my arms around his warm body. I won't nag.

I continued to eat my food, not daring to let go of the blond. It was comforting, like a big stuffed animal. He was warm, smelled good, and the perfect size for me.

"Rui, you seem to be enjoying me more than you are the food!" He humored, snuggling closer to me.

"I told you that I was gonna want more cuddles~"

♡~♡~♡~♡

Ok.

My old crush that I wrote about (I never confessed btw) just told me that they have a crush on an online friend and I'm almost 100% sure it's me (they literally described me) but I don't like them like that anymore... IDK WHAT TO DO ITS JUST AAAHHH

Anyways, tysm for reading! 💖