The Fantasy Tower Pt. 2

Wow I'm actually making a pt 2 wowww
Tonight I might post twice, so stay tuned for that
This chapter will be fluff

Rui POV

It had been a day since we started traveling, and I showed him I showed him many places that I knew. He seemed overextatic for a lot of these places, a cool looking rock would keep his attention for hours. This, but a small centipede would completely freak him out and he would start begging for me to take him back after we saw one.

I took a drink of water from the bottle I had in a pouch and leaned against a rock wall. I was sweaty, after all, traveling in this heat wasn't ideal for anyone.

"So, you said that you'd take me to see some lights, right? I want you to tell me about them!" He stares up at me, awe glistening in his eyes.

Oh, brother.

I rolled my eyes and slumped down to the ground. He did the same, except he sat up, ready for me to tell the tale. "Well, every year on May 17th, they hold a special ceremony where thousands of people in the kingdom send floating lanterns lanterns up into the night sky to find the lost prince." I explained.

"Oh, that sounds very beautiful! But, what happened to the prince?" He asked, moving closer to me. I backed up.

"Nobody is sure what really happened, but people suspect that he was kidnapped years ago, but from what the people of the kingdom knows, the prince just disappeared."

"That's really unfortunate... I truly do feel pity for the king and queen. However, I would really like to go see them, so we need to keep going. Ooh! Will we also be able to send up our own lanterns?" He excitedly questioned.

I nodded and stood up. We need to keep going. I have some connects around the kingdom, so I'll have my old friends have us protected when we get there.

When they arrive at the kingdom...

I made sure to keep my face hidden, and steered clear of any trouble. It was the night before the ceremony, we had made it just in time. A close friend of mine, Mizuki Akiyama, was watching us fron afar. They promised to help us in case of any trouble. I knew I could count on them.

Tsukasa was busy in the center of town, I watched from a nearby alleyway. He was having fun, making friends and helping people around this town. A big difference was that his hair was braided. The kids must've done it, and there were also beautiful flowers in it. I informed him that I would be here, and he didn't really ask why.

"Hey, will you dance with me?" Tsukasa appeared out of nowhere, his right hand was stretched out, inviting me to dance.

"I- wait, what? Woah!" Before I could even start answering, he grabbed my hand and led me out into the center of this circle, where many people were dancing to upbeat music. This definitely caught me off guard, but I adjusted to the situation quickly. "I'm not the best best at dancing-"

"I don't mind! As long as we're having fun, who cares?" They blond looked particularly cute at this angle, like he was genuinely happy.

As we danced, our footsteps matched well, except for the occasional mess ups on my end. "For a boy who's lived in that tower all your life, you're doing very well!" I praised.