Two Cheers for A New Year!

ART CREDS!!: https://mobile.twitter.com/krtt_01213
This is all you get for Christmas and new years
I'd do something for other holidays around this time, but I'm not educated on those celebrations since they're mostly religion-based.
ALSO IM SO SORRY FOR LATE STUFF, IVE BEEN PRIORITIZING MY YT CHANNEL
This episode will be fluff

Tsukasa POV

Over the years, it had become tradition for my family to celebrate both Christmas and New Years on back to back days with our whole family and friends.

This year was going to be special for me since I was planning to ask Rui to make things official between us. I got information from Nene and Mizuki on things that I should do and made everything as perfect as I could. The only thing I worried about was my family.

They were weird, loud, and incredibly nosy. Rui had only came to my house once before, and in that time my mom and dad managed to ask him every personal question. Knowing he'd have to deal with all of this, Rui still decided to show up and spend the day with us.

When he got here, Nene was with him. Emu had arrived shortly before and brought along Mafuyu and Ena. Shizuku was also there shortly after.

Everything is mostly prepped thanks to the help of Dad and Emu! Saku is getting her friends with Mom, so while they're out I guess I can ask him? It was only a few days after my second anniversary with Rui as friends and I thought to make it an extra special day!

"Woah.." Nene admired the architecture of my house as well as the decor, I suppose it's something she's into.

"Tsukasa, your place looks really nice! I've been excited to see you and your family." Rui moved forward and stopped just in front of me.

Emu hopped onto my back and hugged me from behind, catching me off guard. "Yeah!! I helped with the decorations and cleaning and stuff!☆" She chimed.

I blushed of embarrassment, having her be very touchy in front of my crush.. "T-Thank you, Rui. And you too, Emu." I stuttered slightly.

I reached out to take Rui's hand after convincing Emu to go hang out with Nene. As soon as my hand touched his, my father grabbed his shoulders and turned him around. "Oh-" Rui was caught off guard by this movement. "Ah, Mr. Tenma! It's good to see you again."

"The same to you." He nodded formally, but dropped the formalities quickly. "My son has happened to take a fond liking towards you! It's amazing to see such a great friend of his." My dad cluelessly exposed me.

Are you kidding!? How could he just say something about me like that so nonchalantly? "Well, it's not like that! You're totally exaggerating it. I do take pride in the fact that I have an incredible person as my best friend, but I DO NOT obsess over him!" I denied and crossed my hands in an 'X' motion.

"I'm just as happy to have you as a partner, there's no shame in that~" He winked at me then turned back around to face Dad.

"Please, make yourself at home, and don't be afraid to ask questions." My dad left it off with that and headed off to bother Emu and Nene.

I sighed and rubbed the back of my head. "Apologies.. Uh, anyways! Come with me out back. There isn't anyone out there." Realizing that I had been holding Rui's hand the whole time was a secret relief of mine, and it also was convenient for leading him to the back door.

Once we were outside, we each took a seat next to each other. "Really though, you have a super nice house." The taller affectionately looked at me while admiring the buildings and set-ups we had.

"Thank you! I did assist my parents when we were finding a place to move into, and I suppose I did a rather swell job!"

"How cute~! I can tell that you're a great help around the house." He grinned and said more quietly after that, "Exactly what I'm interested in.."

"Hm? Could you say that again?" I asked.

"What? Oh, I said the grass looks.. green." He blurted an awkward lie.

"Haha! You're funny! I'd sure hope that the grass would be green. Ahem! Off topic, but I want to tell you a couple things." My demeanor changed immediately, and I pushed up my posture.

He nodded and questioned what I had to tell him. I felt a sudden overwhemling anxiety. Coming to the realization that I was actually going to confess to my best friend, right here right now. I took in a deep breath and let out a long sigh. In a thin I hid behind me, there was a bloomed ruby red rose.

Pulling it out, I held it out directly in front of Rui. "I really like you! Please take this and.. uhm.." My voiced trailed off and my face flushed intensely. All of a sudden, I couldn't speak. "...yeah.." Is the last word I was able to get out.

"Aww! You really are adorable when you get all embarrassed like that." He gently pried the rose from my shaking hand and In my head, the world was ending. "Thank you for this, though. I appreciate your efforts, and I feel the same way towards you." He scooted closer to me and wrapped his arms around me comfortably.

"Wait, REALLY!?" I screeched, pulling back.

"Ow.. yes really. I truly do like you." He giggled.

"Sorry- I just didn't expect you to. Rui, I'll make this the best Christmas you've ever had! Just wait!" I gave a determined look and nodded my head excitedly.

"You already have, though?"

♡~♡~♡~♡

YES LATE UPDATE 😭😭 I've been with family and been making videos for my Yt channel (might share later).

I keep apologizing and I'll do it again. I'm still here and I will keep posting! Just expect a few late updates here and there.
Anyways, tysm for reading! 💖

(happy holidays)