Second Chances

I underslept please help I got a smooth five hours of sleep
This episode will be fluff

Rui POV

Just a couple months ago, my best friend confessed to me. Tsukasa, the boy who I'd never expect to have feelings for me told me everything he felt. The thing is, I didn't feel the same way at the time, so I ended up shutting him down.

Tsukasa didn't seem to mind at all, and instead he continued doing things with me that we always did. I always admired how easily accepting he was.

I suppose everything was fine until I actually began putting thought into what he said to me and what I said to him.

A month ago..

"Rui, I brought you here because I can't hold onto the truth any longer. Since we first met, I've known you as an amazing person and I hold you dear to my heart. I really like you!"

"What..? Oh, Tsukasa, I'm sorry, I'm just not all into guys."

Flashback end

I kicked a random robot in my room out of anger. Seriously!? I'm "just not all into guys"? Shame and guilt arose in my whole body. My head was racing, because by now I realized that I was wrong. In fact, I WAS all into guys, as the whole time I'd known Tsukasa, probably like 2/3s of it was spent with me ranting to my other close friends about how much I loved and admired that star.

To make myself (and probably him as well) feel better, I shot him a text asking to meet up on the rooftop after school. There was no way I'd let this slide that easily.

~~

Climbing the stairs of the school was definitely a workout, but I couldn't let Tsukasa down like that. He's perfect, and I could've just thrown out the best opportunity I'll ever have. I grimaced at the thought.

As I reached the end of the staircase and approached the door, I pushed it open, revealing a rather anxious looking Tsukasa.

At the sound, he looked up and gave a nervous smile. "Hey, Rui! what is it that you need? I'm sure that I can help!"

"Yes, there is something that I need your help with. I was thinking about the day you confessed to me, and.." I paused, taking in a breath before continuing, "I don't know what was going through my mind when I rejected you. There's no way in hell that I don't want to be your boyfriend!"

All of a sudden, Tsukasa started shaking. He had that deer in headlights look, his firey eyes looked as if they were stuck in awe. "Really? You really want to date me!?" He looked like he was gonna tear up.

"I really do. I hope it's not too late, though."

"Thank you so much for giving me a second chance! Of course it's not to late!" He ran up to me and wrapped his arms around me excitedly, almost knocking me off my feet.

"Now I get to say that I have the privilege of dating a star."

"Hmph! You better be honored and not take it lightly! Not everyone gets this chance." The blond wiped his eyes, blushing a little bit. "I wasn't crying, just surprised is all."

I'm just glad that I didn't ruin my chances with him. I never would've forgive myself if I did!

I held onto him, never wanting to let go. Since it was the end of the school day, we wouldn't have to be interrupted by anyone, or any stupid bells.

"So, to talk it over more, could we go on a date?" I suggested.

"Yes, that would be really nice! So, when? Right now??" He glimpsed at me and pulled back from the hug just a little bit.

I giggled at his response. "Not now, silly~ Fufu, we can plan a date for sometime later this week, or next week."

"Can I stay over at yours again tonight? It'll give us time to figure out when we want to have the date, and we can just hang out for a while." Tsukasa casually rocked back and forth on his heels while he waited for an answer from me.

"Since my mom is gonna be gone for a while, you'll be able to come over. I'm excited to spend time with you!"

I felt euphoric. After establishing a relationship with someone that you really like, everything you do with them seems to change. Everything becomes a lot more thrilling, and you would be willing to do (almost) anything with them. Until it just gets boring, but that's not what I was focused on at all!

♡~♡~♡~♡

OKAY LET ME EXPLAIN.

This part is super short because I'm going to make a part two of their first date for this same story which I'm working on right now. It will be posted tomorrow
Anyways, tysm for reading! 💖