I Lost You, Too

ART CREDS!!: https://twitter.com/nin_naritai?s=20&t=tjJOQqZe-gFNx4XeSWJoOw
angstful rui and kasa
This episode will be angst
CW/TW: Suicide, anxiety, intrusive thoughts, knives

Rui POV

Over the course of my life, so many people that I relied on left me. My father had passed in a car accident when I was younger, my mother couldn't make time for me anymore and instead wasted her life gambling, and Nene eventually decided to leave and pursue her dreams.

I was incredibly proud of Nene, as she finally got an opportunity to become amazing (even though she already is) and get the recognition she deserves.

Mizuki, too, slowly drifted away from me as they made new and better friends.

This left me all by myself.. but I wasn't alone. My closest friend stuck with me through all of my pain and bad moments. Tsukasa always put my needs before his.

I never noticed that his own mental health was deteriorating before I paid attention to the smaller things. Over time, his eyes looked droopy and tired, as well as a small ring of red underneath.

He always seemed to be tired even after a fulfilling sleep, which said to me that he was mentally tired. As soon as I caught onto how he was doing, I tried.

I tried to encourage him to take rests.

"Tsukasa, you're doing great! However, you pushed yourself really hard on that last stunt. We should slow down and take a break." We were back at the Wonder Stage, completing rehearsals with Emu.

"I appreciate the concern, Rui, but I've got this! Just wait and see how a TRUE STAR puts up his performances." He proudly stood.

"Please take a break." I slowly approached the boy. I knew he was forcing himself. "Snap out of it, Tsukasa! We've been doing this for hours already!" I violently shook him.

"Hey- quit it! I'm fine and don't need you to tell me what to do. Come on, Emu. Let's keep going." He turned his head and waved Emu over.

Even she was exhausted. "Buuuttt I'm SUPER tired!! My legs can barely hold me up!" She protested.

The blond boy let out a disappointed sigh. I took in his features. His eyes held a red tint, exposing his sleeplessness. He stood slightly slouched as if he wanted to rest his body just a little bit before continuing.

"I'd like to talk to you. It's about your behavior recently." I led him into the dressing room. Choosing this room would be great for preventing Emu from any sort of worry.

"Listen, I don't know what kind of detective you think you are..!" He started.

"Just shut up!" I gripped his shoulders.

"Excuse me?"

"I don't want you to keep coming here if you won't listen to your director. You want to be perfect and perform amazingly which won't happen if you don't take care of yourself!" I worriedly stared into his eyes.

And for a brief moment, I felt rocks in my stomach. His eyes were simply dull, they held no expression. The bright glitter that once shone was no longer.

His mouth was straightened but slightly curved downwards. He held no emotion.

"I suppose there's no arguing with you. I'll go home and we can call off practice for tonight."

Ruikasa Oneshots 💫जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें