XII

Mission Impossible?

"We already got a mission."

I stared at him for a long time, trying to process what he just said. I don't know if it is about the professor-made missions or about the real-life cases of the normal beings that Ms. Iris broke in to us the last time.

"The first one." sagot ni Khairro sa mga iniisip ko. Pero natigilan kami nang ilang sandali lang ay nakarinig kami ng kung ano sa itaas namin. Curie and Chase landed safely on the ground that was also followed by another four unveils. They were some of our classmates. Pero nagtaka ako dahil wala ng sumunod. But Ci's familiar voice echoed in my mind.

'Only Erneis unveils are assigned with missions'

What does he mean? Walang misyon ang mga Shaias and Hursons?

'They have. But not these kind of missions.'

Bumagsak ang paningin ko sa mga papeles na nakakalat sa mahabang table. I grab one and read it closely. But I figured it was symbols and particularly, solitaire cards symbols. Clubs, diamonds, hearts and spades in a puzzling order.

The symbols began with an empty box that is preceded by three spades, nine hearts, and two diamonds. The next number was one club, five diamonds, two hearts and one spade. And so on...

What is this?

Bago ko pa kunin ang ibang papel ay may humila na sa palapulsuhan ko. Mag-re-reklamo na sana ako lalo na nang makitang si Chilo iyon pero umalingawngaw na sa apat na sulok ng kwarto ang boses ng nasa speaker. It was a man.

"Good morning, Erneis's."  he said. "Today you are brought again here for another mission to achieve."

Who is he?

Mr. Nero

It was Khairro. Oh kaya pala parang pamilyar.

"Bring the best out of you like with the analysis illusion." he uttered. "Remember the three aspects: Logic, Strength and Principle. They're important for your success."

I guess this will be an another remarkable challenge for me.

"You may now begin."

The papers on the table floated to us.  I got one and figured it was the cards symbols. Shocks. Sa isang tapon ng tingin, alam ko na sa sarili ko na mahihirapan ako nito.

Hala, paano pa kung may timer ulit?

'Walang timer, Reina.'

A girl's voice echoed in my mind. Inilinga ko ang paningin ko sa mga kaklase ko at nginitian ako ng isang babae. She pointed at somewhere and when I followed it, isang wall-clock iyon. There was nothing unusual about it until I noticed that it was not moving.

'There's no time-limit. Ang pagiging mahirap kasi nito ay minsang umaabot ng dalawa o tatlong araw.'

W-what?

'Best of luck!'

Ibinalik ko ang paningin sa papel. Halos malula ako sa dami ng nakalagay na symbols at hindi ko naman maintindihan iyon.

"Anyone who will finish first... will be given a chance to roam around the world of normal humans."

The room was filled with whispers and gasps. I was also held back after hearing that. It felt like it clicked something inside me that motivated me to finish the task.