chapter sixty two

Start from the beginning

san looked around the table sneakily. everybody seemed to be doing their own thing and indulging in conversation. seonghwa was all over a clearly disturbed hongjoong, and san shook his head. he double-checked for onlookers once more before clearing his throat and stealthily reaching his hand across the table, sliding wooyoung's phone close enough so he could see the screen clearly. he then proceeded to dial wooyoung's number—that he'd already memorized— into the keypad, and gave him a call.

san didn't know what he expected his name to be saved as on wooyoung's phone. maybe a cute nickname and a clutter of emojis, or an insulting name, but it definitely wasn't this. he stared wide-eyed, frozen in his seat, at the single heart emoticon. san gulped, taken aback. he wouldn't have even been surprised if he'd just saved it as his name. wooyoung had always been repulsed by any show of affection from san; he was almost like a cat. a little attention was enough but cross the line, and you're gonna get jumped. for someone as unexpressive as wooyoung to even have his name saved as something, and an affectionate emoji at that, made san's heart flutter.

he noticed wooyoung approaching from the distance and immediately snapped out of his lovestruck-ness, sliding wooyoung's phone back to it's initial position and leaning back against the chair. wooyoung sat himself down and went back to eating the leftover food on his plate, not even bothering to check his phone. san huffed. growing impatient, he reached his leg out from beneath the table and kicked the leg of the chair wooyoung was sitting on. the sudden action made wooyoung jolt slightly, before looking up at san inquisitively. san suggestively nodded towards his phone.

wooyoung quickly picked up on the hint and he turned his phone on, opening his messages app. he read the message with furrowed eyebrows, thinking to himself for a moment before facing his friends. "i'm gonna go walk around a bit. i feel stuffed." he informed to everyone else at the table before looking up at san expectingly.

"huh? oh, me too. i'll come with," san stood up hastily, and wooyoung nodded before the two headed for the door. for the first time, wooyoung didn't turn a blind eye to san's subtle suggestion for it to be just the two of them. if he'd even mentioned the ferris, all of them would've jumped up to join.

"why do you wanna ride the ferris wheel all of a sudden?" wooyoung asked as he walked next to san, close enough that their shoulders were bumping against each other. san didn't respond. he hummed tunes to himself from beside him with his hands clasped behind his back, feeling contented and over the moon over something as small as an emoji. it was really a big deal to san, though. wooyoung raised his eyebrows at him. "what are you so happy about? you weirdo."

"nothing," san responded dazedly. "i just didn't know you liked me that much."

"the fuck are you talking ab—never mind, this is the line for the wheel. we just have to wait until the people on it right now get down, so be patient." wooyoung said and he stood behind a couple that was being too open with their affection. they were almost last in line. san nodded and stood close behind wooyoung.

"i didn't get to talk to you at all today," he complained in whispers, leaning down towards wooyoung, who tilted his head up to face him judgmentally.

"is this all you're worried about?" he said curtly, and san narrowed his eyes at him. "we see each other almost every day."

"still," san whined like a baby, and wooyoung pursed his lips to contain his laughter. he reached out and grabbed san's face with a single hand, squishing his hollow cheeks up.

"you're like a puppy sometimes, you know that?" he chuckled, and san grinned widely at him, though he was still wearing a mask. he slid his arms around wooyoung's waist from behind, pulling him closer and resting his head against his shoulder.