Chapter 19 - Their Fighting Festival

Start from the beginning

"Awesome! This thing is amazing." Meliodas exclaimed.

"Ha! Now you can both brawl to your hearts' content without having to worry about collateral damage. Not to mention, we can sit back and watch with no fear."

'Wow, she must be powerful if that cube can hold Ban and Meliodas having a full out fight.' You caught a glance toward Merlin, seeing her smirking.

"The captain of The Seven Deadly Sins and his fellow Sin going one-on-one? We might never get another chance to see something like this again." Gustaf commented.

"A brutal clash between the two heroes who saved the kingdom. Incredible." Griamore observed.

"Heh. I'm the one who saved the kingdom, but whatever." Hawk overheard.

"This will be something we'll not soon forget." Gilthunder said.

"Eh, it's nothing new to someone like me." Howzer gloated.

"Come on. Don't say that. Even among The Seven Deadly Sins, who grace the top echelon in the Holy Knights, these two are said to be exceptionally gifted fighters." Gilthunder watched. "Not good."

"Eh, what's wrong, Gil?" Howzer asked, confused since the fight hadn't started yet.

"I can't stop my heart from pounding! It's so exciting!" Gilthunder yelled, letting his emotions take over.

"Whatever floats your boat, man." Howzer told him.

"Alright. Come at me, Captain. Bring it on." Ban waved him on.

"Alrighty. I'm not holding back, okay? Ready?" Meliodas warned him.

Meliodas was no longer in the same spot he was before and was running toward Ban at a fast speed. Ban swiped at him, but Meliodas ducked. Ban tried to punch him but Meliodas jumped over him, trying to punch but Ban dodged it. Ban kicked him up, punching him. Meliodas jumped up from his hands and punched Ban, but Ban returned it, punching Meliodas into the wall of the Perfect Cube.

You gasped, putting your hands over your mouth, shaking slightly.

"Yikes!" Hawk said.

"Ban got the better of him." Howzer saw.

"No. Look again!" Gilthunder said, making Howzer direct his attention to Ban. A punch mark was seen in Ban's stomach as he spit out blood. "It's a draw!"

Meliodas stood back up, seemingly fine. The crowd started to cheer from the fight, getting even more excited, while you and Elizabeth stayed quiet.

"So this is a fighting festival." Gilthunder said, tears streaming down his face out of happiness.

"Wait. You're actually crying?" Howzer asked, confused.

"Maybe a little." Gilthunder sniffed, wiping away his tears.
"Well, those two were you childhood idols. I guess I understand."

"They're amazing. These guys are truly--"

"What's with the fooling around, you two?!" King yelled, interrupting Gilthunder.

"He's right! If you're gonna settle the score, you might as well go at each other like there's no tomorrow!" Diane agreed.

"From what I can tell, they're only fighting at 13% of their total strength." Gowther analyzed.

The crowd got quieter, mumbling a few things. "You mean they're not going all out?" A crowd member asked.

"Amazing!" Another exclaimed.

"Yeah!"

"I should probably stretch a little, or I'll end up getting hurt, you know?" Meliodas said, stretching his arms. "Oh, one more thing. This fight is just between me and Ban. Got it? If you make too much of a ruckus and distract us, I'm gonna knock all of you into next week!"