May Torres' actual Chapter

A/N hehe I forgot I was a human so I procrastinated in writing this chapter. People seemed to really like this girl when she had her Tornado chapter, so here we are, meeting with her again. Today's song is "Panic Room" by Au/Ra. Enjoy at your own risk.

Since my mother passed away in the tornado, I had to stay at Camp Half Blood, the camp for demigods and such. I wasn't too happy about having to constantly keep myself out of danger using a sword, but I did feel at home. My mom's death made me angry at Zeus, who was suspected to have killed her. That was the theory, anyway.

Clarisse, my older half-sister, usually looked after me. She cared for me a lot, since I got made fun of by the Aphrodite girls for being an orphan. Apparently, being an orphan was common for demigods, since our non-Godly Parents were in for a ride sleeping with a God/Goddess.

"Don't listen to Drew," Clarisse scowled. "She's a menace."

I nodded absentmindedly.

At the corner of my eye, I saw Nico and Will chasing each other around, Nico waving his sword in the air.

I watched their happy expressions, wondering what I did to deserve the anxiety and sadness I was feeling.

They were so at peace with their happiness, even though Nico was the son of the Underworld God.

"Campers!" Chiron, the half-man, half-horse, called out to everyone. We all huddled around him, and Will stood next to me. "Today we're playing Capture the Flag. Get into your teams."

Percy exclusively wanted Ares team on the blue team, much to my surprise. Sherman Yang, the leader of Ares Cabin, accepted his offer. I was on Team Blue for one of the first times.

"You got this," Clarisse told me. "Just don't die and defend yourself and the flag."

I nodded. "Got it."

The battle plan wasn't very complex, so I understood the assignment.

"May, you're pretty agile," Sherman pointed out to me. "You're on the offense."

"Okay."

Once we were all in our positions, a massive horn sounded. I ran into enemy territory subtly, making sure nobody saw me.

I ran into Annabeth halfway through, who was the leader of the Red Team. I tried attacking, but she had the smarts to disarm me.

Clarisse ran up to defend me, running Annabeth away to our side.

I shrugged. "That's one way to get her out of our way."

"It's you and me, May," Clarisse said gruffly. "Team."

I smiled. "We're a team."

We continued our way through the thick forest, defeating any member of the Red Team we saw. The flag was in my hands, while Clarisse was tackling some campers.

I ran to the other side, but got stopped by four member of the red team.

"There's no way we would've let you get past," Annabeth sneered. "Red Team, ATTACK!"

Swords and Swords flew everywhere, blocking my vision of my half-sister.

Being an Ares kid was my downfall. Why? Because my world blacked out, everything fading into the pure darkness.

I sat up straight in my bed, breathing heavily. I was confused. What had just happened? Everything seemed so surreal, because the images of the tornado, my half-sister, and Nico and Will burned into my mind.

"Wha-"

My door slammed open. "I thought you were already downstairs!" My mother shrieked, dragging  me out of my bed quickly.

"What's going on?"

"A tornado!" She shouted, the noise of the tornado sirens getting louder.

We didn't have enough time. The tornado hit my house--hitting me--before I could ever react.

That was really how my world ended.

Shoutout to the person below for reminding me I'm a writer.

Love your username, broski.