A match into water

Chapter 9

"Amethyst? Where are you?! Amy?!" Dad frantically yells.

I walk into the living room to reassure him I'm okay.

"Shh dad, it's okay! I'm here, I'm not going anywhere" I soothe him.

"What's that smell?" He asks.

"I'm making pancakes for you guys!" I whisper, trying not to wake up my sleeping uncles.

I grab his arm and pull him over to the kitchen. He smiles and kisses my forehead.

"Thank You darling" he says.

"Can we wake up the others?"
I ask.

"Well they're going to hate us for it but let's do it anyway!" He says and laughs.

He hands me a pot and a pan and we run into the kitchen, smashing them together and screaming at them!

"WAKEY WAKEY!" I scream.

"RISE AND SHINE SLEEPY HEAD" dad yells.

"What the fuck guys" Mike groans but gets up anyway.

He's followed minutes later with a groggy Jaime and Tony and they're all starving. I make them all enough pancakes until they're stuffed. The four guys go upstairs to get changed and ready while I sit on the couch and flick through the channels. Hannah Montana comes on and I can't bring myself to turn over. I'm not even watching but I'd feel bad if I rejected my childhood idol.
I grab my phone and text Damon- the boy I met on the plane- and he replied right away...

Me - hey :) did you have a safe journey to your house?

Damon - yeah it was fine thanks! Still to lazy to unpack though haha :3 which area are you living in?

Me - I live near clairemont high, do you know where that is?

Damon - i live opposite there! I guess I'll see you around :p

Me - see ya 🐢

"Hey kiddo" Jaime says and ruffles my hair.

"Hey hime-time" I say as he smiles at the nickname.

He flops onto the couch next to me.

"Thanks for the pancakes"

"No problem" I reply.

"We're doing a show tonight, just a local one and it's really small. Do you want to come?" He asks.

"Oh my gosh yes please!" I exclaim "Can I invite a friend? He lives near here and he loves your band! He's not using me for tickets though considering he doesn't know that I'm related to you guys.." I ask while biting my lip. I hope I'm aloud to go with him... I really want to see him again...

"Yeah of course kiddo, he can even come hang out with us after if you like" he tells me.

"No" I quickly say "I don't want him to just be friends with me because of you guys. I don't think he's like that but still, I'll tell him eventually."

"Okay then, whenever you're ready. I'm just gonna tell Vic that you want to go" he says and walks off.

10 minutes later, dad walks in smiling.

"I heard you're coming to the show tonight with a friend" he says and winks at me.

"Yup" I simply say.

"What do you want to do today?" He asks.

"Well I've got no clothes so I was thinking about going shopping and buying some. My guardians went to prison and because they don't have any family, I've got all of their money and I legally own all their possessions which is pretty great! So I could spend some of that on some knew clothes. They were super rich but they never bought me anything" I tell him.

"Darling, you don't need to spend your own money! I'm your dad, it's my job to waste all my money on you" he jokes.

We walk out the door and leave a note for the family, telling them we've gone on a shopping trip. We drive to the car and listen to the radio while I text Damon to ask if he's free tonight and up for a pierce the veil concert!

Me- pierce the veil are doing a local show tonight! I've got you a ticket if you're up for it?

Damon- WHAT?! HOW DID YOU GET THEM? THEY WERE ALL SOLD OUT!

Me - I know a guy ;) I'll meet you outside the venue at 6?

Damon - okay see you there! Thank you! I owe you one!x

We pull up outside the mall and walk in. I've always wanted to go to a mall. We don't have any in the UK, well there might be but they're just not called malls...

"Where do you want to go first?" Dad asks.

"Can we go to hot topic?" I beg "they don't have them where I'm from!"

"Of course. Anything you want" he says as we walk over to the shop.

•••••••••••
"You might want to buy a dress or something because on Friday we're going to have a little party kind of thing with the guys and some of our friends who you knew as a kid. Oh and your best friend from when you were younger will be there." Dad tells me.

I nod and make my way over to the dresses on sale until I find the perfect one. It's a cute shade of red (Pic on the side) I can't wait for this party!
••••••••••••••••

"Are you hungry?" Dad asks

We've been shopping for a couple of hours now. I bought some new jeans, an Of Mice & Men and a Mickey Mouse hoodie, a sleeping with sirens tank top and a cute skater style skirt. I also bought a simple beanie and a new rucksack for school as I'll be starting soon...

I shrug in reply to my dads question but we make our way over to McDonald's anyway. Since I've got here, all I've had to eat is junk food. Wow, that should probably stop soon!
We go to the counter and he gets a large beef burger while I get a veggie burger. We take our food and sit in the booth in the corner of the 'restaurant'.

"When am i going to school?" I ask

"About 2 weeks"

"Do the teachers know about what happened?" I ask. I hope they don't...
I don't want to be known as that girl who went missing or that girl who was abducted.

"Everyone who lives here know about it Amy. They know a girl with your name went missing and they know you were found but they don't know what you look like or which school you're going to, maybe it won't click in people minds.." He says and tries to comfort me. He knows that I would hate to have all those people staring and judging me.

••••••••••••••••
After we got home, I went upstairs to get ready for the concert tonight. I wear my new pierce the veil top with some of my old but nice, black denim shorts and put on my bracelets- of course. I sit in front of the mirror and wait for my curlers to heat up. I straightened my hair this morning but I've decided to curl the ends to make it look pretty. I put on some heavier make up for the evening. Black eyeliner but with pink lipstick. I put on my new beanie and walk out my room.

It's 5:45pm. I've go to meet Damon at the venue in 15 minutes. Neither dad or my uncles can drive me there considering there's a ton of screaming fans, waiting to see them and the concert starts at 6:30pm. Luckily, being the daughter of the lead singer, I get early entry and don't have to wait in the cold for ages! It's truly great to be me.

"Dad? I'm leaving to meet Damon at the venue, I'm gonna skateboard there" I tell him. "Good luck" I say and kiss him on the cheek before waking out the door.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while! don't hate me! I hope you guys are all okay :)))