I've got something to tell you and it just can't wait!

Chapter 1

"IMAGINE LIVING LIKE A KING SOMEDAY! A SINGLE NIGHT WITHOUT A GHOST IN THE WALLS!" My phone sang as my best friends name flashes on the screen.

"Hey Becca! What's up?" I ask.

"Amy, I need to tell you something...." She replies, her voice catching in her throat.

" what's wrong?!" I ask as worry bubbles up inside of me.

"Amy... I'm sorry! It's just.. I was watching this crime programme and they showed a list of missing people and their pictures from when they went missing and a picture they created to look like they would now. Well, there was a little girl on there named Amethyst Fuentes" she paused and sighed heavily.
What is she on about? Why is she telling me all this?

She takes a deep breath and carries on.

"She went missing 12 years ago at age 3. She's our age Amy! Anyway, they showed a picture of her and what she would look like now. Well the girl looks just like you Amy. I think it is you..." She says.
Oh shit... Is this some sort of prank? The more I think about it, the more I believe it... it all matches up, amy is short for Amethyst, I've always felt out of place in this family and finally, we look nothing alike. My parents are as pale as anything while I'm very tanned even though I don't go in the sun.

"Fuck" I whisper and hang up the phone.

Becca texts me a link to a missing person website and sure enough, I'm there. Not only does the picture of the girl look like me now, the picture of the 3 year old is me! I grab a travel bag from under my bed and throw the few possessions I own into it. I look over at the windowsill where I see a picture of 5 year old me and my... Family? Are they even my family? Can I even call them that? I have to get out of here... I open the window as wide as I can and climb out -not so gracefully- landing on the floor. I curse in pain and run, not looking back.

The cold cuts me like a knife, typical British weather. I finally reach Becca's house and bang the door with my fist as loud as I can. I hear her run down the stairs and undo the locks on the door. After what feels like a lifetime, I see my best friend standing there in a dressing gown. She pulls me into a warm hug while I cry into her shoulder. We make our way upstairs and try and decide what to do.

"we should call Jayden" she suggests.

I nod in agreement and she picks up her phone and dials his number. It begins to ring and we wait for an answer. She talks to jay for roughly two minutes before hanging up the phone. We sit in a comfortable silence and wait. The door bell finally rings and we race downstairs to open the door. I get engulfed in a massive hug from Jayden and I bury my head into his chest. His smell reminds me of home and of happiness. I automatically feel a lot calmer with these two by my side. I have no idea what I'd do without them. We're a team. We do everything together! We make our way up to Becca's room and fill Jayden in on the situation. He listens to everything I have to say and finally speaks up.

"We need to go to the police, the sooner the better" he says.

"I agree but I think we should all wait until tomorrow, besides, you're gonna be questioned a lot so you guys should probably get some rest" Becca suggests.

I bite my lip in worry, I have no where to stay until tomorrow....
Becca reads me like a book and asks if we want to sleepover. I gratefully accept the offer and begin to settle in for the night. A long sleepless night...

The next day
We walk up the dull gray steps towards the police station. I shake in fear as I think about the situation and how crazy it is. What if the missing girl isn't me? What if I have to go back? Now I think about it.. I've never seen a picture of my 'mom' whilst pregnant with me or a picture of me under 3 years old. This girl has to be me. I know it.
We push open the large door and walk inside. A kind looking lady sits behind the desk, typing away at the computer. She looks up and smiles at us.

"Can I help you?" She asks.

"We believe we have found a missing person, this.."Jayden says, pointing at me. "Is Amethyst Fuentes"

The smile on her face drops and her face goes pale. She gets up and leaves the room later returning with a smart looking man with a moustache.

2 days later
I get a call from the police telling me i need to return to the station. I've been staying with Becca for the last couple of days. I doubt my 'parents' even noticed though, I haven't had a call or a text from either of them. They're probably getting drunk or high again...
I walk in the station and find the same kind looking lady at the desk. She smiles and presses a buzzer, signalling the moustache man to meet us. He walks in and sits down.

"Amy, the DNA test results are back. They came back positive, you are Amy Fuentes"

"Uh... I.. Uh.." i stammer, I don't know if I should be happy or sad. All I know is I never have to go back to the shitty hell hole that's known as my home! I never have to face my cruel, abusive parents! I can live my life with a fresh start.

"We need to inform your father about this and you will be joining him in San Diego, California" he says as he picks up the phone and dials in the number.

He waits in silence for an answer.

"Mr Fuentes? Hi, my name is John Smith and I'm from the welsh international police service. We've found her. Your daughters coming home".

Authors note
Hey guys! Pierce the veil will be coming into the story in the next chapter. I'm super excited for it. They'll be more about Amy and what she looks like etc in the next chapter considering no one knows what she looks like yet... Not even I know what she looks like... Hopefully you guys can have a picture of her character soon. (Title cred : one hundred sleepless night- pierce the veil)