Stained Glass Eyes and Colourful Tears

Chapter 2

Vic's p.o.v

"Your daughters coming home" he says.
This can't be true... My baby girl? Safe?

"She will be meeting you tomorrow. Meet her at San-Diego airport at 3pm. I have emailed you a picture of your daughter so you know what she looks like and you'll be able to find her" he says and hangs up the phone.

I have to sit down to compose myself. I try to hold back my tears but it's no use. I choke on a sob. My baby is safe and she is coming home! My beautiful little girl! I put my head in my hands and cry uncontrollably. I sit there, drowning in my tears for two hours. I can't bring myself to move. After my two hours of crying, Mike comes home and finds me with bloodshot eyes.

"Vic, what's wrong?" He asks

"I....my baby girl...." I choke. Mike looks up and smiles sadly.

"I know Vic, i miss her too" he soothes.

I shake my head frantically and Mikes face goes from upset to confused in a matter of seconds.

"No... Mike, they've found her! My baby is coming home!" I almost yell. He pulls me into a hug and we stay there for a moment until he pulls away.

"When can we see her?" He asks while smiling from ear to ear.

"Tomorrow" i state "at San Diego airport".

We look through my emails to find the picture of my little girl - only she isn't little anymore. She's 15 and is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. No exceptions.

Mike and I sit on the couch and make some very emotional phone calls to tell everyone that Amethyst is coming home. I speak to my parents, Jaime & Tony, the Sleeping with Sirens gang and the Of Mice & Men gang.
I speak to Austin last. Out of all my friends, he was the closest to Amethyst. They were like two peas in a pod. They had sleepovers together and when ever he was with her, his eyes would light up. I'm dreading telling him because I know he'll cry. It honestly breaks my heart seeing him upset but I know I have to tell him. I gather up all my courage and dial in his number...

"Hey Vic, what's up?" He asks

"Austin, I've got news, they found Amethyst! After 12 years, she's finally coming home!" I say and begin crying again.
The line is silent for a long time

"Austin, are you still there?" I ask

"Vic...I..." He stutters out. He breaks down and sobs. His crying makes me feel awful even though they're tears of happiness.

I hang up the phone after a lot of the both of us crying and discussing when he would come over to see her. We decided to leave it a couple of days until Amethyst has settled down here and I've had some quality time with my daughter. My beautiful daughter.

Authors note:
I've already written up chapter 3 but it needs editing so maybe that'll be on later today? we can only hope. Don't be afraid to leave comments and if you see a mistake in grammar or anything at all just tell me so I can change it :) I don't bite guys 🐢 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢