thirty-two

JAKE'S POV

They say once you start catching feelings for a friend, the friendship is already at stake. I guess this is what those goddamned philosophers mean?!

Because if not, then why am I having this situation with Heeseung?!

It would be a lie if I said I never felt anything when he was taking care of me, when he was cracking up flirty jokes that I somehow wished it wasn't or the way I would often catch him staring at me on random situations. All of this was considered normal not until he lived with me.

The sudden urge to just touch and get close to him for no reason at all was confusing.

I like girls. I like everything about them and the femininity they emenated so why...why am I feeling this way towards my best friend?

And above all, he's a guy.

"Hyung? How do you even drink with a straw like that?" Flustered, I looked up at Ni-ki who was staring at me from above since I was currently sitting down, casually passing time here in the snack house while I wait for the next subject.

"Leave me be" I tiredly uttered, obviously not having him, pointing out my chewed straw.

"Where's Heeseung hyung?"

"He's probably busy somewhere" Ni-ki didn't bother asking more questions which I was thankful for but I immediately furrowed my brows when he shoved his palm in front of my face.

"Please buy me that new coffee flavored biscuit..." He innocently asked, making me sigh in disbelief. This kid is using his youngest card so well. Defeated, I took out some cash from my wallet before handing it to him.

"Nice! Thanks hyung!" I watched how Ni-ki slowly turned his back, approaching the counter so I decided to just roam my eyes on the hallway. To my surprise, I saw Heeseung walking towards here along with Hanbin.

Sht! I can't face him yet! Sht! Sht! What do I do?!!

With my mind going blank, all I could think of was going under the table and probably hide until they leave. Crap! I left my juice on the table!

I nervously bit my fingers when I saw his feet walking past my table, going straight to the counter to meet Ni-ki.

This is my chance! Run!

"Oww fu—" I mentally beat myself up when I banged my head on the table but still continued running nevertheless.

I must be insane! Dumb! Stupid btch! Sim Jaeyun! You idiot!

Luckily, I managed to get out of there, thankful that I wasn't in the same class as the older. I have been avoiding him for a week now! I just don't know what to say to him honestly.

The day passed by in a blink of an eye and it was now time to go home. I glanced at my wrist watch to check the time. 4:50pm. Heeseung usually leaves at 5 so I guess I'll have to go now so I can avoid seeing him today. With determination, I ran through the hallways and almost jumped the stairs to reach the grounds.

Panting, I tried catching my breath before slowly walking to the parking lot where my car was located. Surely, Heeseung won't be here because he's still probably examining the student council office so I took my time.

"Mother—" I nervously clutched my chest when someone pulled me into a corner and adamantly pinned me on the wall, trapping me in between his arms.

"H-Hyung?"

FCKING KILL ME!

I knew it! I should've ran instead!