twenty-six

SUNOO'S POV

" I think I'm going to puke, I can't do this...I should head back home—"

"No doll. You're doing this" I stomped my feet on the ground the moment Sunghoon used his whole body to block my attempted escape.

We're currently on our way to my classroom along with Jungwon who was also cheering for me . After what happened at the festival week, I haven't really encountered a few of my classmates and well... I'm definitely sure they've heard about the whole situation and I don't know how they took it.

Class 11- section 3

I gripped unto Sunghoon's sleeves as soon as I read the sign hanging on the side of an opened door, my classroom.

"Calm down... I'm here"

"You're not even in the same class as me hyung! You're a senior, that doesn't make me feel better at all. I should just lea—" I momentarily zipped my lips close when I saw how disapproving his expression became, not liking what I just said.

"Sorry..." I whispered, head hung low.

I'm too scared to even function anymore!

"You'll be just fine...Jungwon won't let some bastards bully you and again, I'm here" he assured as he rested both of his hands on top of my shoulder, trying his best to meet my gaze.

"If you even want me to peel some of them alive I will—"

"No that's gross hyung" the three of us partially chuckled from the conversation, earning us a fresh start before finally taking in a deep breath and stepping inside the room.

The room grew silent—bit by bit, eating me up.

I knew it. I should die.

"Sunoo-yah, are you okay?" My lips parted as soon as I heard what the class president had asked, then comes Daniel who rushed towards me, engulfing me into a very tight hug while I remained frozen in place.

"I—"

"We don't care Sunoo...we don't" Daniel whispered and it was enough to bring tears into my eyes. The rest of them started approaching me, lips curving into a genuine smile, assuring me that I was fine.

That I still belong.

I bit my lip as I stopped it from quivering before looking around to search for the pair of eyes that never failed to give me comfort and luckily, I succeeded.

He was leaning on the doorframe, arms in front of his chest as he smiled fondly with his cute like fangs, admiring the scene unfolding right before his eyes. It didn't take long for him to look at me before signing that he's going to take his leave, obviously not wanting to distract the moment.

"T-Thank you guys... really" I uttered sincerely to which they replied with a smile. A grin made its way to my lips when Yohan, the class president draped her arms around my shoulder while Daniel hugged Jungwon closer.

"We're family. And family sticks together... through and through" everyone cheered, teasing him for the cheesy class pep talk whilst the others gave me a pat on the shoulder.

I love everything about this place.

Everyone.

——

I gently fluttered my eyes open when the gentle breeze that rocked me to sleep suddenly grew weak. I was then met by a hand just a few inches away on top of my head, blocking the sun that hit my face. Smiling, I sat up straight to meet his face.