thirteen

SUNOO'S POV

We are now on our way to the location where Sunghoon needs to be, along with my mom whom we fetched from the company she works at.

"Your parents must be very busy that they can't come with you" my mom started causing me to look at them. I saw how Sunghoon forced a smile and started nodding while Yeji somehow froze from the mere mention of their parents. Whatever relationship they have with their parents, I think it's not good.

We all got out of the car upon entering the parking lot so the four of us decided to split up since Yeji and I can't enter the building.

"Bye! Yeji and I will take a look around okay? Please text me later mom" I reminded and followed along Yeji who was pulling me, excited to have fun.

They'll be okay right? I hope so.

——

SUNGHOON'S POV

It didn't take us long enough to register my form and some authentication needed for the guardian so we both decided to head back now after texting Sunoo to meet us in the parking lot.

"Are you feeling hot Sunghoon? I have a mini fan here in my bag"

"Oh, no thank you Mrs. Kim. I think I'm good"

"Okay, just tell me if you need anything okay?" She consoled before happily linking her arms with mine.

"Does Sunoo have a lot of friends in school?" She asked all of a sudden, her voice coated with worry.

"Yeah, he's very bright. There's no way he couldn't have any" I replied but somehow, it didn't satisfy her. What I said was true though, Sunoo may seem snappy around me but to the others, he's extremely bright and easy to get along.

I gulped my non existent saliva when I felt my heart racing from the sudden thought of him. There it is again.

I don't understand this at all...

"We should take a selfie okay? Here, you can hold it since you're so tall hmm?" I awkwardly took the phone from her and started angling it above us, lightly smiling. Is this what mother's do?

"Oh, bend down a little Hoon" she instructed which made me respond and freeze. She started fixing my hair neatly making me clench my jaw.

Everything seems so foreign to me. The thought of someone taking care of me somehow resolved something in me that I couldn't even respond to what I'm feeling anymore.

Are things always this peaceful and easy? Why... Then why am I suffering all along.

After taking the selfie, we saw my sister and Sunoo waving at us from afar, eating their ice cream happily. I intently watched the person who couldn't fail to make my heart thump like a beast. There he is, gleefully approaching us with my sister linking her arms with him.

He's beautiful.

"Why did you two get ice cream? We're going to eat after this!" Sunoo's mom scolded, lightly hitting her son causing me to smirk and teasingly looked at him. He rolled his eyes at me before entering the car with my sister.

Upon arriving at the chosen restaurant, Mrs. Kim did all the ordering process along with my sister who wanted to explore a lot of things, leaving me and Sunoo alone on the table. I reluctantly clenched my fingers now and then to somehow calm my heart. A habit I seemed to pick up around him.

"You were awfully quiet these days hyung. Something happened?" Those fox like eyes that holds thousands of emotions, his smile and everything about him is enough to make me question my beliefs.