twenty-four

SUNOO'S POV

I continued to hung my head low as I unconsciously start fidgeting my fingers, intimidated by my friends' stare. Sunghoon on the other hand, remained calm.

"You two are going out? Since when?" Jake hyung asked, sounding very concerned while I start to grow worried.

"Since festival week... I-I'm sorry I couldn't tell you guys sooner" I mumbled, almost whispering as I felt like my heart is about to jump out  of my chest.

"Why did you hide this from us hyung?" This time, it was Jungwon who asked.

"Well...after what happened with Dan, you guys never really questioned me about what he said, so I thought you guys were uncomfortable with the topic and I...was scared" Heeseung hyung who quietly stood at the corner earlier, now made his way towards me, sitting in between Sunghoon and I before he draped his arm around my shoulder.

"Sunoo-yah...the reason why we didn't talk about the incident was because we didn't want you to dwell into it that much...and besides, I don't think sexuality has anything to do with friendship" Smiling, I agressively wiped my tears away when it started rolling down.

Being accepted feels too good to be true that I couldn't believe I had friends like them.

They're everything to me at this point and I promise to treasure them as much as they do to me.

"What about you?! Why are you so calm about this?!" Jay spat, pertaining to Sunghoon who handed me a clean towel to wipe my tears away.

"Simple. I don't care about what you guys think, I like Sunoo and if you guys can't accept that then I guess... goodbye?" I lightly chuckled from his answer whilst Jay hyung threw him the nearest object he could find and that was the cushion from the single sofa chair.

"I'll take a bath first" Ni-ki said, frowning as he rushed outside the door.

He must've had a bad morning?

"Well?! Let's get moving guys! The beach is waiting for us!" Jake hyung announced with excitement coating his voice, lifting everyone's mood. We all enjoyed a light breakfast as we all huddled up in the kitchen counter. Jungwon who was chewing his bread, sat beside me and remained quiet so I figured that he had something to say.

"Spill it won"

"Uh, I just want you to know that I'm happy for the both of you hyung" he sincerely muttered causing me to smile before reaching for his hand.

"Thank you" we couldn't talk anymore when everyone got lost with the excitement of going to the beach so we all headed there while happily chatting with each other.

We played volleyball for 30 minutes straight before deciding to have fun in the water. Everyone was happily laughing, wrestling with each other and even splashing loads of salt water in each other's faces. When we all reached the part where the water slightly reached our neck, we decided to start our next activity.

I brushed my hair back when I felt Sunghoon holding my arms before positioning in front of me, facing Heeseung who was casually smirking at us.

"Hey doll, listen...when you think you can reach Jake, start tickling him alright?! I'll hold us steady as much as possible" he coached so I loudly chuckled. He seems to be taking the game too seriously now so I played along, nodding my head.

"In your position!" Jay announced lively, earning a cheer from Ni-ki and Jungwon whilst Sunghoon and Heeseung hyung dipped their whole body under the water so Jake hyung and I can ride on top of their shoulder, raising both of us on top.