eight

SUNOO'S POV

"What the fuck happened to you?" I awkwardly looked at the girl from earlier upon hearing Sunghoon curse while approaching me.

"Is she your sister?" I asked immediately and started noticing their resemblance. How did I miss that?!

"Yes and I'm asking what on earth happened to you?"

"I'm okay! No need to worry about me. You should ask your sister first" Sunghoon still looked mad despite my calm exterior. He was taking deep breaths before turning his full attention towards his sister who seems confused with the situation. She told him what really happened and Sunghoon couldn't help but to keep on cursing.

He's such a bad influence!

"Why were you even here in the first place?!"

"I came to see a friend—"

"And freely lurk the neighborhood you had no familiarity with?! What if Sunoo didn't see you?! Those bastards could've taken you, open up your body and sell your internal organs to God knows where!" I pursed my lips as I tried my best not to laugh.

He's just speaking non-sense at this point.

"I don't think they would sell—"

"Shut up! You're making me even more mad! Let's go...and you!" My eyes grew wide when he pointed at me with a glare like as if I was his responsibility too.

"Follow me" I sighed in defeat as I follow him walk back to his car. His sister was pouting behind him and when she noticed that Sunghoon was throwing her a glare from time to time, she hurriedly clung on my arms.

"My brother is scary when he's mad... I'm Yeji by the way! You?"

"Sunoo. Kim Sunoo" she smiled upon hearing my name and started chatting away as we all made our way to the car. Sunghoon gave his sister his coat before opening the door to the backseat and commanding her to get in. The window of the passenger seat was open so I noticed a man sitting on the driver seat.

Was Sunghoon not alone?

"Mr. Ha, please bring my sister straight home. I already asked Mrs. Jo to make dinner. Please drive safely"

"Wait what? What about you?"

"I'll see you at home. We'll talk tomorrow" he said in finality before telling the driver to leave.

"I couldn't even say goodbye to your sister—"

"Tsss, follow me" I cleared my throat when I got flustered because he suddenly grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me into a familiar path I used to take. He wasn't saying anything at all until we reached the pharmacy and he instructed me to sit on one of the benches while he went inside.

I winced in pain when I felt the left side of my body started throbbing, it was probably that one kick I felt earlier... I straightened my posture as soon as I saw Sunghoon, coming out of the pharmacy with a plastic bag in hand.

"Next time, it would be better to ask for help rather than facing those kinds of people on your own. Look at you"

"I was trying to be that one gangsta' " I replied with humor before smiling but he instantly dismissed it with a glare. I decided to shut up when he sat beside me and started taking out the things he bought.

Sht.

I mentally cursed non-stop when he held my arms and started checking for bruises. His skin grazing on mine is enough to make my heart, beat rapidly. No...