Chapter 16

There was silence. Ghoultar was spinning around slowly as the others watched him from outside of the cage. Ronin leaned against the wall, Misako sat on a stool in front of the cage with Wu by her side.

(y/n) was standing right in front of the cage, but still a bit off to the side so he wasn't in anyone's line of view. He kept his eyes tightly on Ghoultar, although the ghost wasn't really much of a threat at the moment. Nya, who standing closest to the cage, smirked as she started the interrogation with Ghoultar.

"Deepstone bars. You're never getting out of here. Now tell us, what's in the tomb that's so important?" Nya said as Wu spoke up as well.

"What does Morro want?" He asked, but Ghoultar just crossed his arms and turned slightly away.

"Ghoultar never talk. Oops, Ghoultar talked. Uh, Ghoultar no talk from now on." The ghost seemed to fumble on his words a bit, but still stood his ground. And roasting him over his vocabulary wouldn't help in this situation either.

"Oh, I'll get him talkin'." Ronin kindly offered as he raised his Aeroblade towards Ghoultar, but Wu was quick to stop him from doing anything rash.

"No, Ronin. We must find another way to get answers out of him." Wu spoke as Ghoultar laughed at the group.

"Let him laugh. The ninja are already in Cloud Kingdom and well ahead of Morro. Let's just hope they can find the Sword of Sanctuary before it's too late." Misako spoke as she stood up. (y/n) didn't seem to agree as much, but Wu surely did.

"We must use our time wisely. Come, Nya, there's still training to be done. As for Ghoultar, keep an eye on him, Ronin." Wu spoke as he called Nya to to follow him and Misako. (y/n) too went after them.

"Don't worry, old man. I've got him." Ronin said before turning to keep his eyes on Ghoultar. The adults, along with the water ninja and (y/n) left Ronin to watch over the ghost, after (y/n) gave his boss a glare of course.

"Ghoultar did good?" Ghoultar laughed after a few minutes of silence. Ronin walked closer to the Deepstone cage and let out a laugh.

"Ha! With basic vocabulary? Not so much. But being big and nasty? You deserve a medal." Ghoultar's smirk only grew bigger upon that comment, although the smile was more an evil smile rather than a happy one.

"Remember deal you made with Soul Archer?" Ghoultar spoke as Ronin hit the Deepstone bars with his fist, not liking where the conversation was going.

"Quiet, you nasty ball of gas." He hissed, but Ghoultar didn't falter.

"Convincing you were back in Samurai Cave. Maybe time to make good." Ghoultar said, or rather, threatened as Ronin leaned closer to Ghoultar as he lowered his voice. 

"I'll make good, but not now. Don't worry, I'll keep my end of the bargain just as long as Soul Archer keeps his." Ronin said and crossed his arms as Ghoultar smirked.

"It will be our little secret." Ghoultar said before turning around to laugh his evil laugh for a bit longer than was necessary.

"Will it now?" Suddenly a third voice spoke up as Ronin flinched. His eye widened as he turned to look at (y/n), who was leaning against the doorway.

"(y/n), you heard all that?" Ronin asked, his tone now back to normal and his brows furrowing as he dropped his hands to his side. (y/n) gave him a nod in confirmation before walking into the room.

"Of course, the one your indebted to is in cahoots with the ghost the ninja are fighting against. Well, it was about time you got thrown overboard anyway." (y/n) said as Ronin glared at him.

"I thought you knew? You just kept quiet for my sake, or maybe for some other reason." Ronin said, very sure he was right, but (y/n) shook his head.

"I didn't know then, and I didn't know just now. I just happened to get lucky." Ronin's glare sharpened as he called out, but not too loudly of course.