Chapter 13

The age gap is real. (Or is it) *gasp* I lied to you again. Two years isn't too bad, but since many of you seemed to feel uncomfortable about it, I am not putting much emphasis on the fact here in the story anymore.

"-Is my boyfriend."

"...Uh, oh." Ronin let out before sighing, and finally raising his hands up in defeat. You didn't let go of Kai, and only hugged him tighter as the two of you smiled at each other. Kai blushed as you leaned in and pecked him on the cheek. The red ninja pulled you aside with haste as the three others closed in on Ronin and started interrogating him.

"I came looking for you yesterday, but the tea shop was trashed and empty. What happened?" You cut to the chase as Kai's smile turned upside down.

"It's a long story. When we were handing out those fliers I talked about, our powers suddenly disappeared! We went back to tell Sensei when this strange wind appeared! Turns out some guy named Morro has possessed Lloyd, who was out on a mission alone. Now we need to find him and rescue Lloyd and prevent Morro from finding the First Spinjitzu Master's tomb! Also Morro has some 'allied armor' which allows him to summon more ghosts."

"Okay, possessed, so... wait, wait, wait! Is this Morro guy a-" You didn't get to finish as Kai spoke up again.

"A ghost!"

"Why didn't you contact me ASAP?! I can handle this, probably." You  weren't sure of yourself, but ghosts were up your alley, so it shouldn't have hurt to try. Kai only looked down in shame.

"That doesn't matter now, does it." Kai sighed as you quickly hugged him again.

"It does not. But what brought you here?" You asked after a moment of silence.

"We need to find the scroll of Airjitzu." The whatjitzu now? Uhhh....

"I won't even ask."

"ARGH!" The sound of  coming from Jay shocked the two of you out of your conversation. Jay grumbled as he along with Cole and Zane walked up to you two.

"So, Ronin has it, but we've gotta pay him." Cole explained as the five of you huddled together.

"How much?" You asked as Zane spoke up.

"Started it at two hundred, but now it is four hundred."

"What!? Ugh, that guy."  Kai grumbled as you placed  hand on his shoulder.

"Hold on, let me try." You walked up to Ronin, who was now standing arms crossed with a taunting smile.

"Boss?"

"Yes?"

"How about you take my paycheck for this? We... How important is the scroll again?" You whispered the last part to the ninja who silently opened their arms wide, so you knew, the scroll was hella important.

"Uh, well how about two paychecks?" You continued as Ronin scoffed.

"I'd need at least ten pay checks if you really want the scroll." Ronin's smug smile was one that would probably haunt your dreams even after you've quit this stupid job, someday.

"There's no way it's that expensive. five paychecks."

"nine." Ronin immediately shot back.

"six." Six paychecks was already too much.

"seven, and it ain't goin' lower." You gritted your teeth and clenched one of your fists. You really couldn't afford to live without money for that long, but if it was for the safety of the world...

"Dea-" Before you could finish the word 'deal'. Someone else cut you off.

"No, you aren't taking that much! You said it was four hundred!" Kai shouted at Ronin, who wasn't fazed.