Chapter 2

Before we start, I should probably explain how your elemental power works. It has only two main uses:

1. Small ghost related tricks such as creating a ghost version of a certain object or a small spirit fire.

2. Summon spirits from the dead to help in battle or just for the show like shown in chapter 1.

Also important to know is your power's strength changes based on your surroundings. In a place many have died in, or is surrounded by spirits overall, your powers grow stronger, and you can use more powerful moves and summon powerful spirits like an ox or a dragon at best, although the summonable spirits also depend on the surroundings. In a place with almost no deaths surrounding it, or the deaths are of just some ants, your powers are weaker. In places people have fought wars in, the graveyard, or the sea are good examples of when your power is at its strongest. Monasteries and sky are good examples when your power is at its weakest. The catacombs, high traffic cities and forest are the more on the neutral side, for example, again. But I ain't gonna bother you anymore, so let's-a-go to the chapter.

"-The tournament begins...now!" Chen's voice shouted through the speaker. I jumped down from the balcony to a nearby tree in Chen's yard. I had noticed the small green sparkle in a pond near the mansion wall a while ago, and immediately jumped to get it upon the match starting.

"May the best fighter win!" Chen's voice ended. I could hear Kai and Skylor fight for a Jadeblade back at the Balconies. I finally reached the pond and swiped the blade out with my left hand. 

'Ah, shuck, now my glove is all wet.' I thought as I looked at my drenched arm. I then headed for the main hall and gave the blade to Clouse, who placed it onto a giant statue. That was really way too easy. Only Jay, Griffin and a green haired girl who's name I didn't know were there with me. But soon more and more and more elemental masters arrived in the hall. Everyone except for Cole, Kai and Karlof.

"Two Jadeblades remaining." Clouse said as he placed another Jadeblade onto the statue.

"Wait! I got one!" Cole shouted as he ran into the room with a Jadeblade in hand.

Cole! Whoo-hoo! You made it." Jay cheered as Cole looked around the hall confused.

"Where's Kai?" Cole asked. When no ne answered, I took it upon myself to speak up.

"He and Karlof haven't arrived yet." I stated before Jay scoffed and crossed his arms.

"No one asked you." Jay said, giving me a side eyed glare. Well, that backfired. 

"Jay..." Lloyd looked at Jay unapprovingly and placed his hand on the blue Ninja's shoulder.

"What? He literally threatened your father, and almost killed Kai!" Jay whisper shouted to Lloyd. 'Almost killed' is really an overstatement. If things had continued the way they were then, Kai would have passed out at most. 

"He did, and? Kai is still alive, and Father doesn't seem to have anything against the guy, so." Lloyd explained as Jay threw on last glare at me before turning away with just a "Fine.". Alright, maybe you shouldn't let me go off the hook just like that either.

"Only one Jadeblade remaining. Get on with it!" Chen yelled into his intercom. Everyone stood in silence for only a few minutes, until heavy footsteps sounded from the main hallway.

"Hahaha! Karlof wins!" Karlof shouted as he appeared at the doorway. 'Man, I was kinda hoping fire boy would move on.'  I thought to myself, disappointed that Karlof had won. Everyone else but me and the ninja cheered. No offence, but Karlof is really not that smart. He seems to have a screw loose, and I mean that literally.