Chapter 12

Energy drink addiction isn't a good thing. Don't be like (y/n).

"Bye, bye!" Your boyfriends voice called before he hung up. You chuckled to yourself as you placed your cellphone down. You were sitting legs crossed on your run down sofa while sipping down your second Monster energy drink, which was still cold, thanks to the magnificent creation known as a cold box, which in turn you had just bought with some spare money. You were enjoying your alone time, not doing much of anything really. Well, it was better than cleaning dusty shelves back in Ronin's pawn shop.

Glancing at the clock, it was 2 pm. You took a moment to think, before looking again. It was now 3 pm. You let out a small huff and stood up. You walked to one of the numerous huge shelves that were in the past used to hold countless of boxes full of IKEA houseware, and grabbed a roll of bandage. You held a part of it between your teeth as you carefully wrapped it around an ever-so-glowing green scar. You grabbed your mothers cloak and your mask and put them. Lastly you grabbed yourself some money before heading out to Stiix.

The place was as rundown as always, yet the few children that had to live there were running around, enjoying their day to the fullest. You walked to a sandwich booth, ordered a basic tuna sandwich, and prayed it wouldn't be moldy. Your prayers were answered this time, and you enjoyed your meal as you watched the water under you from a small crack in the wooden ground.

You ate slowly, savoring every single second of the meal. As you always said to yourself: eat slowly, otherwise the food will be gone sooner. You never knew when the sandwich booth could close for good, and you would never ever get to taste the simple yet amazing dish ever again. 

You pulled out your phone, ready to send either a "Hey ;)" or a "Whatcha doin?" to the one person you could send those kinda messages to, before remembering they still lived in the 80's, and didn't own cellphones. Kai told you that they used to, but carrying them around turned to be a risk, since they could break mid fighting (and this had happened to them before apparently). You still sent the messages, even when you knew no-one would see it.

Kai said that you could spend time with him again tomorrow, and so, you couldn't help but feel excited. Your life was 1/4 Working, 1/4 avoiding coppers, 1/4 cursing yourself and hoping to reverse time, and 1/4 your boyfriend. He was like the sun, the light that shone in your sky, while also radiating hot like fire everywhere he went, although you were the only one who thought like that. 

Ever since Garmadon's 'passing', Kai had also gotten closer to Lloyd, and the two really seemed like brothers. It reminded you of when you were younger, still in school and messing around with your sister. You've heard people say, 'plants have souls' countless times. And that was indeed true, mostly. They didn't have souls like humans or even animals do, but they were still living beings. So the one died, you could still see the plant, in its full glory, glowing a hellish green before disappearing for ever. When first discovering your powers, you had showed a flower to Bella, who was overjoyed. But only a minute passed and you were no longer able to summon the same little flower. Bella didn't want to see you sad, and so she created one from thin air. The illusion powers she had, when you were just twelve and she was sixteen, were on a whole different level. And you've ruined all her chances of using those powers to gain a successful life.

You went back 'home'. The warehouse smelled like wood, as usual. you pulled out another Monster and chugged half of it down like water as you placed your mask to the side of your face, before hiding all your valuables in a foolproof little hiding spot, and went on a walk. And a very long walk it was, as you walked throw the almost endless-feeling forest before eventually ending up in a place you recognized, before walking back home from there.

 . . . 

The morning was never pleasant to you. You didn't understand how Kai could wake up at anytime, whether that was at 6 am, 7 am, or even earlier that that. No matter what, you still woke up at 11 am. You hadn't bothered to change your clothes last night, and wouldn't have now either, but considering the comfort of your partner, you decided to still do so. Thankfully you weren't sweaty, which was not an unusual aftereffect of your nightmares, nor were you smelling like fish for hanging around in Stiix all day.