chapter 10

This chapter do be wilding, Kai is OOC as frick, Also, Ninjago is Ninjago, it isn't in any particular country, so the age of consent there is now 18, as the more usual number in most countries. Everything is explained in the end of the chapter.

It was a day like any other, the sun was shining, the wind gave a calming breeze, the ninja were forced to child labor, hehehee... Wait. The ninja were fully working on renovating the plot Wu had bought. He was planning to start his tea shop there. It was a big plot of land in the country side, it was just perfect for a place to keep the bounty in, and training.

"Whew! It's done!" Jay shouted as he set his can of paint down.

"Could you paint the roof too?" Wu asked and offered Jay another can of paint. Jay groaned but didn't refuse and climbed to the roof. Cole was building some furniture while Zane was unpacking boxes.

"Just how many leaves are there?!?" Kai was frustrated out of his mind as he sweeped one after another of fallen leaves into a big pile.

"Your almost-" Misako was saying when suddenly the phone of the Bounty rang, and Jay almost fell off the roof in shock. Misako picked up the phone as the others continued working.

"Destiny's Bounty... Oh, yes, he is... I see. I don't think he would mind... You're welcome!" Misako spoke with the one on the other end of the phone before setting it down with a smile.

"Who was it?" Nya asked as Misako smiled.

"You'll see, Wu?" Misako turned to Wu and whispered something to him. Wu stroked his beard before nodding in what seemed to be agreement. The ninja watched the two skeptically before they were ushered back into work.

"Oh my gosh! It got on my gi!" Jay yelled out in the highest pitch of his voice possible as Cole and Kai covered their ears. Zane set down a pile of boxes and shook his head disapprovingly.

"You shouldn't shout in such high decibel, it is seriously bad for the others' ears." Jay looked like he was going to retort back an answer, before stopping as he spotted something from the corner of his eye. He smirked before letting out an amused scoff.

"Well, looks like someone has a knight in shining armor ready to save them from labor." This got the others' attention, and everyone turned to where Jay was looking. Their eyes, especially Kai's, widened as a pair of ghastly green dragon wings flapped up and down while approaching the team. Cole rolled his eyes as Kai dropped his broom. (y/n) landed and jumped off his dragon as it disappeared. He gave Misako a small bow before walking up to Kai.

"Hello~ Working hard I see." (y/n) gave waves and nods to the other ninja, who acknowledged him before leaving the two alone.

"Yeah, but it's getting tiring..." Kai complained as he picked up the broom and leaned his hands and head on it.

"Then how about I steal you away from work?" You know what they say, consent is key, although (y/n) would have 'stolen' Kai away anyway. Kai gave (y/n) a fake look of through thinking before nodding. (y/n) leaned down with a smirk and picked Kai up from his legs, just like during the thunder blade on Chen's island.

"I'll be taking taking my leave then~" (y/n) spoke and gave Wu a bow, Kai almost falling down in the process. Wu gave him a nod as (y/n) jumped up, his dragon forming under him.

"Oh, young love~" Lloyd's mother cooed while the ninja rolled their heads and groaned at the same time.

"Hormones..." Meanwhile, (y/n) set Kai to sit comfortably on the dragon, before riding at a high speed towards... Who knows.

"So, where would you like to go?" (y/n) asked Kai, who thought for a bit, before answering.

"Somewhere quiet, somewhere we can be alone."(y/n) nodded in acknowledgement and took a soft turn to the right. After a while, they arrived fairly far enough from all civilization, the closest thing to humans being a small city just barely in their view. (y/n) landed down a patch of grass in the middle of nowhere, and jumped off with Kai in tow. But right before Kai could plant his feet on the ground, (y/n) jumped and caught him mid air. The two chuckled as (y/n) set Kai down. The two crouched on the grass and talked, about everything they felt like talking about.