Chapter 21: Gifted Juveniles.

Start from the beginning

"Ultimates go on social study trips?" Komaru raised an eyebrow, "I thought as long as you spent your time developing your talents, that was all the school cared about. What's the point of a trip like that?"

"We are still technically students," Toko reminded her, "besides, for someone like me, places like that can serve as good writing inspiration. You never know what you might learn."

"And yes, this isn't exactly mandatory, but Ms Chisa Yukizome is the one chaperoning us this time, and when she's in charge, it's all or none of us," Makoto told her, "anyway, we're just going to Kyoto to look at some shrines and whatnot."

"But I've already got most of what I want to bring in my dorm room, so to answer your question Omaru, yes, I've got time," Toko told her, "why do you ask?"

"I've decided! I'm gonna introduce you to Kanon-chan and Miru-chan!" Komaru sporadically started typing on her phone's text app, "They've been talking about wanting to go to this really cute cat café, so now's a good opportunity as ever!"

"Woah, HEY!" Toko leaped up and started to panic, "I-I-I'm not mentally prepared to hang out with GALS!"

"Oh, don't worry! They're not the judgmental type," Komaru patted her shoulder, "and I was gonna introduce you sooner or later, so why not now?"

"I...Ugh, alright..." Toko grumbled, "just...let me go and change into something a bit flashier..."

"Seriously, what you're wearing is fine," Komaru told her, "plus, you know I was going to do this eventually. Even if you hate it, you're still gonna come along because you care about me, aren't you?"

"You know, I preferred it when you were wrong..." Toko snarked with a laugh, but remained dismayed all the same, "what about you Shuichi? Why don't you tag along? I'd feel a lot better if you did..."

"I'll have to pass," Shuichi told her, "I have plans myself today. Besides, I don't know how well I would fit in with a group of outgoing girls myself..."

"True, but also, screw you..." Toko glowered. However, she suddenly noticed the little rabbit getting jittery, her ears wiggling with curiosity. Komaru chuckled.

"Do YOU want to come Monomi?" Komaru sighed, "I'm sure Miru-chan would love you."

"Oh! YES! Yes please!" Monomi bounded upwards and bounded into Komaru's arms, "thank you very much, Komaru-chan!"

After some brief goodbyes, Komaru, Monomi, and Toko headed off, presumably to meet Kanon and Miruku at the cat cafe, leaving Shuichi and Makoto by themselves. Once they had a moment of privacy, Shuichi turned towards his senior.

"Sorry for the trouble," the young detective said, "thank you very much for agreeing to spend your time with me."

"No trouble at all," Makoto assured him, "but is everything okay? You sounded serious when you came to me this morning."

"It's nothing that serious..." Shuichi told him, "I just...I need some advice..."

Cool Morning - Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony

"Here you go! A nice warm cup of tea, just for you, Makoto-kun!"

"Thank you so much, Tsubaki-san."

Makoto smiled as Shuichi's aunt entered his room and placed a freshly made tea in his hands. Makoto nodded gratefully and blew on it as she made her way out.

Shuichi's room was very small but noticeably very tidy. The layout was comprised of a single mattress where he slept, a desk with a set of drawers, presumably where his clothes were, and a bookshelf full of thick, likely hard-to-read, books. And that was really it. Makoto noticed that a layer of dust was slowly beginning to form on the furniture.