"Wait here." He says and gets out of the car, making his way towards my side as more photos are taken.

I've never had someone take care of me in this way. Which is funny to think. Charles is doing the bare minimum. I'm the one who clearly is not used to all of this.

After opening the car door for me, he offers his hand to help me out when I realise that my dress has rolled up a bit from sitting down.

I immediately reach at the bottom of it, scared that pictures are being taken even though nothing alarming is showing. I pull it down to adjust it and Charles steps in front of me, his hands resting on my waist as his body is blocking me from the paparazzi.

"All good?" He asks, looking down at my dress and my face turns a little bit red.

"Yeah." I barely manage to say and we both turn, now facing the entrance of the club.

A feeling of uneasiness washes over me, making me feel a bit anxious with all the people around me so I unintentionally cling closer to Charles. His thumb starts stroking my waist which calms me down. I wonder if he can feel me tensed up and is trying to calm me down.

This is the first time we've gone out together in public, officially as a 'couple'. I can already tell how we're all the tabloids will be written about for tomorrow.

Charles leans in, brushing my hair off my shoulders and kisses my neck, just below my ear. It's happens very quick but the warmth of his lips can still be felt where he kissed me and I let out a small breath I was holding.

"Smile for the cameras." His voice is cold, but his body language is the opposite.

He's good at this pretend thing.

I put on the best smile I got and by the time we're walking inside, my cheeks are aching.

"The it couple has arrived everyone!" Lando shouts as soon as he sees us, making everyone who is seated at a long table turn their heads to look at us.

Cheers and claps welcome us as we approach them, making my body explode in goosebumps.

I don't think I'm ready to do this. I genuinely feel like I might throw up. I take a look at Charles beside me, but he looks so calm.

When we get at the table, everyone greets us and gives us huge smiles, making me feel more at ease. For some reason, I thought they wouldn't approve of this, our 'relationship' but they all seem so happy for us. Except for one.

Max is sitting at the end of the table, he doesn't get up to greet us or even congratulate me for my win. His face is emotionless, not it's usual smiling one, which makes me feel even worse. I wish he would come up to me, scream at me or do something other than pretend I'm not even here. Our eyes lock for a moment and when I see the pain in them, I curse myself a hundred times as guilt fills me from the inside.

Suddenly, Max gets up from his seat, walking away from the others.

"Max, wait!" I shout and start walking towards him but a grip on my forearm stops me.

"Come sit next to me mon amour."

Charles pulls out the chair next to his. I look towards where Max is walking off to and then back at Charles, who raises his eyebrows at me. Everyone else is also staring, so I decide to sit down instead. Hopefully I can try to Max later if that is even possible.

"Is something going on between you and Max?" Charles whispers, his head in my neck, making sure that no one else is listening "I've seen you both before, and you seem close, but is it serious?"

"As if I would tell you."

"So there is something between you two?" Charles looks at me this time and I bite my tongue.