I Love You Too

After she got dressed, she went up on the deck, where John was too. She approached him.

France: I'm sorry. I really have to go... *silence* I love you too. *she turned, wanting to leave, stopping when she heard his voice*
John: Then why are you doing this? You used your fiance to forget about me and when you finally admit that you can't... you go back to him? Why? Do you still hope that you will succeed? Well... it's not gonna work. You will never forget me. As much as you want too... I am too well buried in your soul.

   She listened with her back to him, trying hard not to burst into tears. After she wiped her eyes with her hands and took a deep breath, she turned to face him.

France: You're right. I will never forget you.
John: You're doing it again...
France: What?
John: Confusing me as hell!
France: I-It's just... I'm not sure...
John: That you love me?
France: No. That this is okay... That it's gonna work...
John: France... Child... *approached and took her small hands in his* We never tried. You can't know.
France: Yeah, but I feel like we've already tried...
John: That dream of yours is just a dream. You shouldn't let it influence your decision.
France: John...
John: I don't think that's your only reason, and I don't care... I honestly don't give a damn. I know who I am. I know what I'm capable of. That's why I know that I would do anything to go well between us.
France: Why did you do that?
John: What?
France: Last night. I was drunk! I was fucking drunk!
John: You could've refused...but you didn't.
France: I—
John: Some things people don't have the courage to say or show. If you didn't love me, you would've refused me even then.
France: So all you wanted to know was if I love you?! You still shouldn't have done that, I was unconscious. You could've asked me directly!
John: But I didn't...okay? I couldn't just ask you if you love me after five years of not seeing each other. And especially after you told me you were engaged.

She crossed her arms, frowning. He was right. However, her pride was far too great to admit this out loud...so she remained silent. That silence lasted for a while, until she changed the subject.

France: What's in that room?!
John: Excuse me?
France: That room you never showed me. The locked one. You told me it was empty.

   He looked at her intently, then led her down the stairs, taking the keys out of his pocket and putting them in the doorknob.

France: Should I be worried? Or traumatized? Tell me now so I can prepare myself emotionally.
John: Traumatized? *laughed* Well, I hope not.

   She got confused at his reaction. When he opened the door, she couldn't believe what she saw. It was full of her favorite things...her passions. There was a wall full of books, in another part of the room there was a large desk with drawing things on it and an easel next to it. They both entered and she turned around, still in shock.

France: This place... is beautiful...
John: And it's yours.
France: *turned to face him* What?
John: I worked on this room for a month before you left. I wanted to give it to you for your birthday...but...it was too late...you were already gone.
France: How did you know I like art?
John: I found some of your drawings in the drawer in your room. I didn't know you had this talent. You didn't tell me before.
France: Yeah, uh—
John: What other things I don't know about you? For example, why aren't you wearing your engagement ring?
France: I-I can explain—
John: The fact that you are not engaged? I realized it myself. What was your plan? Was it your way of getting rid of me?
France: You're right... There is no fiance.
John: Then it's clear.
France: And what did you want me to do? I was afraid, okay? I know how much I love you and that's exactly what scares me. I've never loved like this before... All these years I only wanted you! I couldn't stop thinking about you and how sorry I was to leave you! Is that what you wanted to hear?
John: Oh, child... I didn't want you to suffer that much for me.
France: But I did... Since when did you realize I lied?
John: This morning. When I handed you the clothes.
France: I'm sorry...
John: France... I don't care that you lied to me. And I'm not interested in hearing your reason. That didn't change anything.
France: It didn't?
John: No, of course not! Nothing can change what I feel for you.

   She looked into his eyes, staring straight into them. After a few seconds that seemed like an eternity, she suddenly grabbed his face and kissed him. She did it because she felt it, because she needed it, because she finally gave in. Fuck that dream. It would be wrong, it would be right, she didn't care at that moment. In that moment she just wanted to be with him. He made all her thoughts disappear...and that's exactly what she wanted.

John: I have no intention of seeing you leave my life again.
France: And I have no intention to leave again.
*He smiled at her, then she smiled too*
France: Now Captain, I'm going to make up for the agreement I broke.
John: Yeah, you better do that. *smiled* Harris will die of happiness, you know that right?
France: *giggled* I can't wait to see his face.
John: Me too.