Maverick

After 6 days, in a tavern, the whole crew was drinking and laughing at a table with France and John.

Martin: Yes! Or do you remember when that storm came and we were all going to die?
France: Oh, don't remind me!
John: We were lucky with France. She saved us all. *they looked at each other and smiled*
Lane: She's our savior!
Harris: I'll drink to that!
Martin: Me too!
France: *smiled* Thanks guys. I'm so happy to have you here. You really hold an important place in my heart.
Harris: And you in ours. *smiled*
France: *drank from the cup and lowered her voice, talking to John* I go to the ladies' room. I'll be back in a second.
John: Sure.
Martin: Why don't you go with her, captain? *laughed*
John: Shut up.

   She giggled and left. When she closed the door heading towards the table, a man blocked her way.

Maverick: Hello miss! I'm Maverick. I really apologize for this entry, I just couldn't help but recognize your charm when you walked out that door.
France: I'm sorry, "recognize"?
Maverick: Oh, don't you remember me? I wanted to dance with you at the ball until that "Captain John" came and ruined everything. I want to let you know that I was not afraid of him or something like that. I tried to be polite and give him a chance...but he doesn't really have one.
France: Uhm—
Maverick: Actually, I don't know what chance I'm talking about. He only knows how to hook up with all the women in the world and then leave them. Sorry for the language.
France: I—
Maverick: I can offer you a lot. And I would like you to give me a chance. I can give you anything you could ever want.
France: *gasped* Look, Maverick...you seem a really nice man. Educated and wealthy. But I'm not interested.
Maverick: So you already have someone?
France: I do...
Maverick: Then that man is very lucky... Lucky to have a woman as beautiful as you.
John: Excuse me?

   A familiar voice was heard from behind the man. Too familiar, she thought. That made her eyes widen, remembering the last time the two interacted. Maverick turned to face him and a fear slowly grew inside him seeing John again.

John: I bet I know you from somewhere...
Maverick: Probably when you showed your bad dancing ability.
John: Huh! I think you've just restored my memory... You tried to approach her before, remember? How many times do you want her to refuse you?
Maverick: In fact, last time she didn't say anything because you interfered in our discussion. You refused for her.
John: I remember. And I also remember clearly what I told you...
France: Hey, stop! *she quickly took John's hand and looked at the man* I'm sorry...

   She took him away, when after a few steps he let go of her hand, angry.

John: You're sorry? What exactly did you apologize for?
France: For your behavior! He did absolutely nothing! When I told him that I'm with someone, he accepted it.
John: Why are you defending him?
France: Cause he's innocent!
John: Nothing is innocent.
France: So what do you want me to do? You want me to ask your forgiveness because I dared to talk to him? I can do it. The week ends tomorrow...
John: France, no... *he took her hands in his* I won't ask you for that. The fault is mine. I shouldn't have gotten into a fight with him, I'm sorry...
France: *smiled* It's fine.

   He grabbed her face and kissed her forehead gently. After a few hours, after lunch, on the deck of the ship.

Harris: John, I don't wanna do this. I can't.
John: But you will.
Harris: Why? Why are you doing it again?
John: That doesn't concern you. You will do as I told you. And don't come back until sunset.
Harris: John...
*France appeared*
France: Hi. John, would you like to walk through the town with me?
John: I'm sorry love, I'm kind of busy right now. I have to prepare the ship for when we leave. But we were just talking about the fact that Harris would like to walk with you and talk some more. You know... spend time together.
France: Oh, really?
Harris: *silence* Yeah. *smiled* That's right.
France: Sure then. Let's go.

   After about two hours, they returned. He looked at the sun.

Harris: It's not that late, do you want to walk a little longer?
France: I would love to Harris, but I'm kinda tired. Perhaps tomorrow morning before we leave.
Harris: Are you sure you can't now?
France: Harris... what's going on?
Harris: What?
France: You are hiding something from me. What is it?
Harris: Hahah! You got me! It's just...this... this is the village where I last saw Fallon.
France: *her eyes widened* Really?! That's amazing! Maybe tomorrow we'll go look for her.
Harris: Great idea. Uh, I don't think John's here, so you should go straight to bed, okay? So you wake up early.
France: Uh, okay... Good night.
Harris: Good night.

She went down the stairs and just before opening the bedroom door, she stopped, hearing a noise.