ch. 14

-

"Okay, babe. Do you think this is good enough?" I asked as I looked at the set up for tonight.

"It's perfect." He said as he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, kissing my temple.

"Mm, I don't know, something's missing. A candle, maybe?" I said, walking towards the candles.

"Baby girl, stop stressing. They'll have a great time and it'll all be thanks to you." He said as he grabbed my hands, causing me to look at him and relax.

Right then, there was a knock on the door.

"Oh, they're already here." I said.

"I got the door, go get a drink, baby." Roman said and I nod but instead of getting a drink for myself, I got drink for everyone.

"What's up, uce." Jey said as he daps Roman up.

"What's up, yall. Come on in." He said as he steps aside for them.

"Hey, guys! Have a drink." I said as I held out a tray of glasses.

"Baby, when I said get a drink, I meant for yourself." He chuckles and shakes his head at me.

"So, how are yall feeling today?" I asked as I took a sip of my champagne.

"I'm good, handled some business today." Jimmy said.

"Same here, just been looking forward to tonight." Jey smiled.

"What about you, Solo?" I asks.

"I'm alright." He shrugs.

Roman notices and decides to speak.

"Okay, let's get to the point of this, yeah? The reason Milan wanted to have this little get together is because she wants everyone to like her. And to be quite honest, I want you all to like her too. Plus, it gets awkward with the tension that somebody puts out." He said, looking at Solo.

"Yeah, uce. It has been super awkward with the things you say and how you say it." Jimmy says.

"Yeah and you barely ever say a word to her." Jey adds.

"It's not that I don't like her," Solo started. "I just have to get used to her, I guess."

"I know but at least try to open up to her, she thinks you hate her." Roman said as everyone turns to look at me.

"I'm sorry, Mil. I didn't mean to make you feel like that. I got trust issues, I guess it was projected onto you." Solo said.

"It's okay." I shrug.

"Well, shit, let's fucking party then." Jey said, causing us all to laugh.

"Cheers to the bloodline." Jimmy said.

"Me included?" I softly ask.

"Of course, girl. Get over here." Jimmy said, holding his arm open for me to hug him.

"I love you, guys." I said.

"We love you, too!" Jey yelled as we laugh.

-

"So, babe." I started, waiting on him to reply.

"What's up, mama?" He said, pulling me onto his lap.

"So, am I like an official member of the bloodline?" I ask.

"Do you wanna be?" He asks, rubbing my thighs.

"I don't know, I'm scared." I say as I snuggle into his chest.

"I know, baby, it's okay. You don't have to worry about it just yet. You only have had your first encounter, we'll see how you feel about it in the future." He says, kissing my forehead.

I just laid quietly as Roman held me in his arms.

"You'd be an amazing tribal princess, though." He says, causing me to giggle. "My tribal princess."

"My tribal chief." I say before placing a kiss to his collar bone.

"Don't go starting stuff now." He chuckles.

-

It's currently 3-something in the morning and Roman wasn't in bed. I could hear his deep voice down the hall in his office.

I thought that I should wait for him in bed but I wanted to see what was going on. I get up, wrap my silk robe around my naked body and head to his office.

"Well, why the fuck wasn't anyone paying a-fucking-ttention? You know what, I'll be down there as soon as I can." He said as he hung up the phone.

"Everything alright?" I said as I walked in.

"No," He sighs. "I gotta go down to Vegas because someone attacked my men."

"When are we going?" I ask.

"You can't come to this one, doll, I'm sorry. I have no idea what to expect when I get there and I don't want anything to happen to you." He said as he grabs my shoulders and kisses my forehead.

"But how am I gonna get my experience if you keep having me sit out for safety?" I said as I crossed my arms.

"I know but this one is too big, that first one was something small, something I know you could handle, something I knew you wouldn't get hurt at." He says. "I'm gonna have Jimmy and Jey stay here and make sure nothing happens to you while I'm gone. I'm taking Solo with me."

"But-" I started but was cut off.

"No more buts. You're not fighting me on this. You're staying here." He demanded.

"Fine. I'm going back to bed." I quickly roll my eyes before walking back to our room, him following behind me.

"Don't have an attitude with me right now. You know it's probably best for you to stay." He said as we enter the room. "And don't think I didn't catch that eye roll."

"Whatever." I said as I got into bed.

He hovers over me, gripping my throat with his large hand.

"Fix your fucking attitude before I fix it for you." He said through gritted teeth before releasing me.

I like when he's dominant like that.

I bit my lip and he took notice.

"You little slut, you like it when I put you in your place like that, huh?" He said.

I nod and blush, feeling a sting on my thigh from him slapping it.

"You know you gotta use your words, sweetheart." He hums.

"Yes, I like it when you put me in my place." I blush.

"You're lucky I have an early flight tomorrow." He bit his lip before placing a kiss to my cheek then my forehead then my lips.

-