ch. 6

-

"What are you talking about? Figure it the fuck out. If I have to come up there and deal with this right now, so help me, God, nobody's gonna be happy." Roman's deep voice spoke from another room.

I've never heard him so angry and it was still pretty early in the morning, so I was wondering why he had business matter at this time.

He stood with his back towards the door, hand rested on the desk, and clearly frustrated.

I didn't want to speak and interrupt him, so I quietly and patiently waited.

"Then kill him, before I come up there and kill you, got it?" He said.

Woah, what? Kill who? Why are they killing people?

"Get it done." He said then hung up the phone then screamed "fuck!"

I slightly jumped then spoke.

"Roman?"

"Oh, fuck. Hi, baby. Did I wake you?"

He walked towards me and gave me a hug and a kiss on my forehead.

"Uh, no. What's going on?" I asked, still embracing the hug.

"Oh, it's just some complications at work, don't worry about it."

"Yeah, but.." I hesitated, then continued. "...but why did you tell them.. to kill someone?"

He sighed.

"You heard that?"

I nod.

"He's a bad man, turning his back on his family, doing things we wouldn't approve of, hurting children and women, it's unacceptable."

"But why do you have to deal with that? What are you? A secret mafia boss or something?" I chuckled as I joked but slowly dropped my smile as I can see he was serious. "Wait, are you really?"

This time, he nods.

"When the fuck were you gonna tell me?" I angrily yelled, pushing his chest. "What was I supposed to do if something happened to you or me?"

"Baby, you have every right to be mad. Let's make you a cup of coffee and we can talk about it." He said, holding my wrists.

"I'm gonna need Vodka." I said, snatching my wrists back and walking out of the room but then come back to add, "And a blunt," then head down to the kitchen.

He soon follows behind me and grabs a bottle and a stash of weed he had.

We sit on separate sides of the island.

I pour myself a cup of orange juice then hold it out for him to add the Vodka.

He does so then proceeds to roll the blunt.

"I didn't know you smoke."

"I guess we both have secrets." I shot before taking a sip of my drink and hold my hand out for the blunt and lighter.

"I deserve that." He nods then puts them both in my hand.

"Okay, let's start." I said as I lit it and took a hit. "Is this the secret you were talking about?"

He nods.

"Telling your girlfriend you're a mafia boss isn't very ideal to most. Also, you could've went to the police, can't have that."

"What if I did go to the police? What were you gonna do? Kill me?" I chuckled.

He looked at me blankly.