Chapter 38 (End)

Alli took one last look around Stell's unit. He just couldn't help but be nostalgic.

         Alli only had a backpack with him. Last night he had begun packing, trying to cram as many important things as possible in two suitcases.

         Unfortunately, he couldn't do it after all. Most of his clothes, in this place were given by Ken and Stell. They reminded Alli of them too much.

         He couldn't even bring himself to pack his camera. There were too many pictures there, too many reminders.

         He also took off his bracelet... debated against leaving it too, but subconsciously put it in his pocket. It was the most precious among all his possessions. Having it with him, would somehow remind him, that all of it was real... That he was sane, and that he didn't just imagine all the things that happened to him.

         So, instead, he spent the evening playing the piano... and singing.

         Funny how time flies. He could almost remember the first time he sung in public. He remembered hating Ken for it at first, but he actually enjoyed doing it, after getting over his anxiety of course.

         Alli had fallen asleep in the couch again. When he woke up, he decided to cook sinigang.

         He wasn't able to try his cooking last time, because a literal bombshell was dropped on the dinner table.

         The kitchen was Stell's domain. But since, the monarch isn't here, it would probably be ok to invade it for a while.

         Alli looked at the steaming hot soup in the table. Thank goodness he didn't seem to have botched it as bad as he thought.

         He put some in a bowl and tasted it.

         To his surprise, it was delicious... he was a good cook. Ok, that was a bit of an overstatement... This was manang Adda's recipe. He merely followed every step.

         Back to the present.

         Alli stood in the living room with his backpack. He only wore grey pants, and a white shirt.

         As he looked around, he could almost hear Stell's shouting, and Ken's giggles as they ran around.

         Alli shook his head, was he hallucinating in broad daylight?

         Pablo had texted him that they would try their best to catch up at the airport.

         Alli's flight wasn't for another six hours... but he decided to leave early.

         He also took note of the fact that, it was Pablo who messaged him.

         Hindi na umaasa si Alli na magmemessage si Stell sa kanya. Maybe he just wasn't ready to talk yet.

         Alli sent a quick message to Justin though... There was no reply. Either they were really busy, or they were ignoring him... Either way, Alli understood them.

         "You take care ok?" Alli scratched, Kuro's ear. "Kuya and Ken will come home to take care of you when I leave."

         Kuro seemed to understand him. Did kuro just nod? Alli shook his head, maybe being alone, and only having Kuro to talk to was affecting him.

         The walk to the parking lot was quiet. The car and chauffeur were there waiting for him.

         The ride was also really quiet... Except for manong wishing Alli luck and a safe trip, few words which Alli was greatly thankful for.