Chapter 4

Tomorrow was the faculty gala, and Alli's performance. Nervousness and anticipation were starting to claw their way into Alli's heart.

He hasn't seen Stell or the others for almost a week now, because of their events, and busy schedule, they were travelling a lot for their performances.

It was almost three weeks ago when Ken and Alli had their shopping spree... well... Ken had a shopping spree, but it was for Alli, so he feels somewhat responsible too. When Alli arrived at the house, the bags and bags of clothes were already there.

Stell, along with manang Adda and ate Doreen were sorting through piles and piles of clothes, shoes, and other accessories that Alli never knew existed. Stell told him, that Ken had called in advance to inform him of the delivery.

It took him almost a week to try all the clothes. They fit Perfectly. That guy Ken had a very impressive talent at estimating Alli's size. Stell made clothes combinations, and color themes, and all sorts of fashion combinations, made Alli wore all of them and took a picture every time, like a doting mother. Stell sorted all of the outfits in Alli's closet which was not even halfway full because it was as large as Stell's, it made Alli wonder how many clothes Stell has, because his closet was full.

Alli and Ken became closer after that particular outing. Every time they were all together, Ken always made it a point to sit beside him or at least near him, he borrowed books, and became chattier... and more and more Alli got to know not just Ken, but all of them.

After that, lahat ng old clothes nya ay kinonfiscate na ni Stell, Alli had no idea where they were... Although, he had heard Stell mumbling quietly to himself about a funeral pyre, and references about cremation and the flames of Hell, while cackling sinisterly... it made Alli a bit nervous. So, it might be safe to say that Stell burned them, or donated them... who knows? Alli liked to think it was the latter though. A few days later, umuwi si Stell ng may dala na maraming paper bags, almost as much ng pinangbili ni Ken, turns out para kay Alli din yon. Alli counted 46 bags all in all, yung kay Ken ayaw nya nalang isipin.

At yun na nga si Stell nakaupo sa sala at nakadungo na parang bata dahil napagalitan ni Alli sa pagsasayang ng pera, pero tinanggap niya parin lahat dahil nag tampo si Stell pagkatapos, sabi nya kasi si Ken daw bumili ng lahat at gusto nya may contribution sya, kasi di daw nya naiwasan ang cute talaga nung ibang damit, at gustong-gusto nya masuot ni Alli.

Alli's closet was almost full now, yung mga cabinet, at built in na mga drawers at clothes racks din.

Stell was due to arrive home at exactly noon, he said he'd take Alli sa personal hair stylist ng SB para ma trabaho na ang buhok nya, and by tomorrow they would go sa optometrist ni Alli para ma kuha ang contact lenses na specially made for him, he felt a bit sad saying goodbye sa glasses nya which were with him for many years.

Back to the present. Alli is wearing a very stylish yet comfortable sweater that Ken bought for him. Ally is in the sitting room, practicing his song for tomorrow on the piano, he found out that he could sing a bit better, because his braces were removed yesterday. His mouth felt a bit awkward though because he was used to having his braces for most of his life.

Patuloy lang sya sa pagplay ng pasada nya.

Alli took a deep breath, and started to sing.

🎶 Sa t'wing puso'y nag-iisa

Mayro'ng himig na kumakatok sa pinto ng aking alaala

'Di na dapat tumitig pa sa 'yong mga mata

Ngayon, ikaw na lang ang nakikita 🎶

Alli closed his eyes and continued to play. For the first time he was fully immersed in the song. And he was also able to fully understand its meaning. The past instances, he was concerned with the tone, the timing, and the techniques, but now he was singing from the heart.