★ | teasing

muzan x fem!reader/gn!reader

muzan x fem!reader/gn!reader. (i couldn't find really anywhere to mention the reader being a female, only one or two places, but the user requested a female so you can imagine either)

request by ; karenahhhhh

kinda modern? just mentions heaters and electricity lol

A LOW HUM FILLED WITH THE ROOM AS THE HEATER WAFTED A GENTLE HEAT THROUGHOUT THE BUILDING.

it was about mid-winter and the days were ever so chilly, snow being tracked into the library every day as kids, adults and elderly bustled in.

you were slightly worried for the power bill the library would receive, since those heaters had barely turned off once since the beginning of winter when the temperatures dropped.

well, that wasn't your problem. you didn't own the library, you were merely a librarian.

the night was dark as of now, despite being a librarian, you worked late hours. your late hours would descend into the early hours of the next morning.

you often questioned why you must work so late, it was only a library.

you understood people might try and break in, but there's security for that, isn't there?

your main role was really to just sort the books and tidy the place after close, which ended up being quite tiresome when repeated almost nightly.

much like now, where you were supposed to be sorting the books people had returned into their genres to put back on the shelves, you were slowly dozing off. head in your hand, eyes closing for a 'rest' turned into falling asleep.

you knew the hours weren't really healthy.

you would get home at about three in the morning, go right to sleep and then have to wake up at 11 to be at work for 12.

there were visible eyebags growing under your eyes, purple and tiresome.

your short nap was cut to an end as you jolted awake, startled by the doors swinging open.

you fumbled on your chair, almost falling off if it weren't for the cold hand that gripped your shirt.

you flushed bright red as your eyes met with the familiar plum red, narrowed ones.

that was something you had left out of your nightly routine.

the often visits of the man, muzan kibutsuji.

you didn't really know how the routine started, he had come in one time and then just continued coming in.

not that you were mad, the man was utterly beautiful.

with his pale skin and jet-black, curly hair, he was absolutely divine. his plum, cat-like eyes were severely fascinating, especially as they stared into your own, bland in comparison to his, [eye colour] eyes.

now, you weren't dumb. you knew the man was a demon.

you could tell that much by the moon-like skin and the glistening canines, but you held no fear for the man. you could tell as much that he was very powerful, extremely powerful.

but the man had never really showed any intent to hurt or eat you, so why should you be scared?

you did, however, feel other emotions towards the man.

how could you not? i mean, he was beautiful, and to you, charming.

now, you tried to not fall too hard. you knew those were just his characteristics he often used to play the part of a human, and he very likely held no feelings of the sort for you. you were a mere human after all.

but hey, who says a lady can't dream?

your mouth wobbled as your cheeks burned furiously, "m-muzan-san" you gazed into his eyes.

he seemed slightly cross.

he pulls you to your feet as you sweat-drop.

your cheeks burn like fire as he lifts your chin with his fingers, scanning your face.

his other hand raises, stroking the skin under your eyes with his thumbs.

he frowns.

"muzan-san?"

he runs his tongue over his teeth, "you have bad eyebags"

you smile, "wow, i didn't know that"

he rolls his eyes, pulling back and your skin cried at the loss of touch.

"you should be going to bed earlier"

you chuckle, "kind of hard when i'm working until 2:30 in the morning"

he frowns, seeming ticked off by that revelation.

"so, what's your bosses name-"

you laugh, "do not worry, muzan-san. someone had to fill the night role and i guess he just chose me"

his eye twitches, "i'm not worried"

you smirk, "oh, really? i think i might just start working earlier and finish a bit later too" you hum as if thoughtfully.

his eyes widen, "what? no!"

you smirk at him, laughing.

his eye twitches and he irks.

you come close to him, poking his cheek.

"you so are worried!"

"am not!" he rebutted, though you couldn't miss the light pink that dusted his cheeks, making your own a crimson red.

maybe..

he did have feelings for you, as you did him?