❆ | jealousy (marvel)

peter parker & fem!reader

YOU SIT AT YOUR SHARED LUNCH TABLE WITH NED AND PETER LIKE USUAL, MJ SITTING ON THE OTHER END OF THE TABLE.

you were sat next to your brother, ned, with your chin in your hand, watching with a slightly dead look as peter stares at mj with ogley eyes.

jealousy churned throughout your body, pleading you to rip your crush's stare from the other woman.

but you would never.

peter really liked mj, and you didn't want to ruin his chances just because you were jealous.

i mean, you had been jealous before.

being ned's twin sister, you had met peter when you were all young and have had a massive crush on him ever since.

he was just so sweet, kind, handsome, funny, and energetic. he was like a beam of light.

but he never seemed to notice you in that way.

nope.

first, it was liz. he had a massive crush on her since you all started high school, got a date to the dance with her, and then ended up having to leave her behind because her dad was a supervillain, and then they had to break up because liz was moving or whatever.

you were jealous then, and you are jealous now, with mj.

look, mj is great. she's a great person, funny, pretty. all the things you considered yourself not to be.

god, how jealous of her you were. to have peter look at you like that would really be a dream come true.

but you knew you would never tell the boy of your feelings. it was quite obvious he didn't feel the same, and you knew that.

didn't make it hurt any less, though.

but you knew it'd only be a matter of time before peter and mj got together.

and then you'd be left in the dust, again.