Service club and trip to Kyoto.

After his little incident last night, Desmon took Shizuka's sofa as his temporary bed until he faces the demons that threaten the school.

If they were to ask him which couch is more comfortable, the current one or the old, beaten-up one at Dante's place, the answer is obvious.

That's why Desmon is sleeping soundly, forgetting the massive debt in his name; or rather, that was put in his name.

"Desmon."

A few hours past sunrise, Shizuka took the trouble of preparing breakfast, but her new roommate didn't seem to be getting up, so she began calling him.

"Desmon!"

"Just 5 more minutes." He said before going back to sleep.

"Get up already, or you'll miss breakfast!"

Yesterday was an emotional roller coaster for Shizuka; meeting the demon hunter she hired only to find out nothing was happening at her school was a relief. But a few minutes after leaving, she was the target of a demon's assassination attempt in the form of a dog-like creature. She saw the boy she met getting impaled, a certain death, yet he got up as if nothing happened. They were part of a chase scene that could only be from an action movie. And in the end, Desmon decided to be swallowed by the demon, only to destroy it from the inside; an audacious decision with high chances of going wrong, but he exceeded all expectations.

For all of this, Shizuka should feel a lot of respect and gratitude toward the young man who saved her, but his snobbish, arrogant, and mocking attitude tells her he doesn't deserve it.

"You shouldn't get angry; it'll only give you wrinkles."

Desmon got up, did some stretches, then headed to the dining area a few meters away.

"And whose fault is that?" She complained as she returned to her seat.

On the table, there are 2 bowls of ramen. Since it's Sunday, Shizuka went the extra mile to transfer the ramen from its packaging to bowls, as the usual practice is to prepare and eat it immediately.

Desmon sat down at the table and started eating without objection—free food is free food.

"By the way, have you thought about how you'll do the surveillance at the school?"

Yesterday, Desmon mentioned he'd take care of monitoring and protecting the place, but he didn't mention the method he'd use.

"Staying close and observing, hiding on the rooftop or in empty classrooms."

"That's what a stalker does." Shizuka facepalmed in stress.

"Maybe pretend to be a new teacher?"

"Are you good at any subject?"

"Demon Hunting Class." Desmon said proudly.

"I shouldn't have relied on you for these matters." Shizuka gave up. But luckily, she thought of something overnight. "I have an idea."

"I'm listening." Desmon continued eating.

"How about enrolling as a transfer student? That way, you can be inside the school without drawing attention and monitor the whole place."

"Going back to school, huh. I'm not really interested, but if that's the only way, I guess it's our only option."

Shizuka felt somewhat sad knowing Desmon left school out of necessity; someone who couldn't enjoy their student days, though he probably couldn't care less.

-School is fun, isn't it, Desmon?

A brief memory crossed his mind, but quickly vanished.

"So it's settled, and I have the form to complete your transfer." Shizuka said.