Taking Fido for a stroll in Chiba

At a certain Ramen restaurant, a black-haired woman sits, waiting for her companion. She's dressed in a formal outfit, resembling an office worker, but she's wearing a cream-colored coat. Normally, she would wear a white coat, but since she's meeting someone important today, she decided to appear as professional as possible.

 Normally, she would wear a white coat, but since she's meeting someone important today, she decided to appear as professional as possible

Hiratsuka Shizuka, a teacher from Sobu High School, glances at her wristwatch. It's already 7:15, and her scheduled meeting hasn't arrived yet. However, knowing that this person is coming from another country, she's understanding. Another 15 minutes go by without any news of her companion.

Shizuka starts to feel annoyed. She was even considering treating her guest to dinner for the inconvenience, but now she's the one getting frustrated.

Desmon can't be blamed, as he forgot to slow down when entering Chiba city, resulting in another chase by the police. A little more and his face would be on wanted posters.

After losing the police, he chose to walk, completely forgetting that he's now half an hour late.

"Time is subjective." He mentally excuses himself.

Once inside the restaurant, he scans the place, and coincidentally, their gazes meet.

Shizuka is growing impatient. If her companion doesn't arrive in the next few minutes, she'll leave. Of course, she's the one who needs that person's help, so she can only continue waiting. During this time, a young man enters the establishment. They exchange glances, but Shizuka ignores him.

Desmon senses that she might be his employer since Morrison told him it's a woman, and Shizuka is the only one alone in this place. Without hesitation, he moves to her table and takes a seat.

"Let's keep this simple. What do I need to do?" He says in his usual tone. It's obvious that this job won't cover even 5% of his debt, so the quicker he finishes here, the sooner he can return to take on more jobs, and hopefully, Dante would return by then.

To Shizuka's surprise, a young man who could be the age of her students sits across from her. His Japanese is excellent, so she dismisses him as the person she's looking for. "I'm somewhat busy right now and not in the best mood, so I kindly ask you to leave." She responds curtly.

Shizuka doesn't hesitate to dismiss the young man, mainly due to his insolent manner. Perhaps on a normal day, she would think he's flirting with her, but her thoughts are elsewhere currently.

Desmon sighs at her response. "Just to confirm and not come off as foolish, you're Shizuka Hiratsuka, right?"

Shizuka is surprised when he mentions her name. "Yes, I am."

"Then I didn't mistake the person. I'm Desmon, the one you requested to handle your problem." He says proudly.

"You're him? If I remember correctly, I spoke to someone with a deeper voice who also mentioned that Japanese wasn't their native language, and you speak it quite fluently."